Latest update - January 24th, 2119hrs - (GMT+2)
This page will be updated for any info we gather at BETA FORUM area!
Latest bugs found:
- Some airbase background tiling wrong (we need coordinates).
- Campaign/TE Intel window coordinates are showing wrong.
- Desert road tile edges dont quite fit.
- F/A-18A icon on mission window is not visible, cannot select wingman position.
- DOHA INTL airbase 36_18 runways wrong, this is Falcon 4 data bug, yet listed here.
- Bridge 3d objects are mis-aligned with the tiles underneath.
- Helicopter Gazelle icon shows up as aircraft.
Bugs fixed since v0.4 beta preview 11:
- Irrigated farming and Rough grazing airbase background tiles. (al ahsa, prince sultan, tallil).
- Database shows AIM-7's on F-16's.
- Irrigated farming tiles (saudi arabia for example) night lighting wrong.
- Ali Al Salem AB tiling wrong.
- Flags missing/wrong from OOB and Intel screens.
- Squadron patches default Korean.
- ATC voices default Korean.
- No airbase background tiles (but they should be leveled).
- Threat circles do not show up in TE/Campaign.
- Runway & taxiway 3d viewing will cause shake/shiver/vibrate.
System requirements for full ODS v0.4 beta theater installation: 1000mb hd space. SP3 install.
Background guidelines for testing, please try to work on these as much as possible and keep those reports coming back, we want to hear as much as possible. You CANNOT get us too much info!
Before you install v0.4b preview 13, YOU MUST UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS ODS VERSION! This new installer is stand-alone and does not require any earlier ODS installations to be present.
This is new F4Patch installer which requires you only to click on it and then press Apply when prompted. After you have installed the theater, you must go to terrdata\objectsDesStorm dir and run the "runme.bat" batch file. This file copies new database to be used with ODS.
INSTANT ACTION (does not contain ground objectives, meaning targets, houses etc.)
can different parts of the map be selected? does high mountains crash immediately in 3d start?
can missions be created normally? can missions be flown normally?
CAMPAIGN (both historical + fictional)
does campaign 2d seem to work OK? does all selected squadrons schedule flights? does campaign CTD? will either campaign be won too easily by coalition forces? will any campaign be won at all?
overall look and feel of the terrain. Does the "fog" look OK? cities need some work, but is there some specific city? Airbases are missing the background tiles, meaning they seem to just sit in the desert or in the mountain tiles. But so far all airbases should have the terrain leveled, meaning aircraft's can take off without problems and no "stairs effect" should be visible in the runway/taxiway. If you find any airbase that has stairs effect or they sit on city tiles for example, please let us know. Try to take note for any place that has too many bridges close to each other (more than 3 or so) and if two bridges are basically side by side that should be reported. Remember some bridges in this installer are not correctly on bridge tile.
Basically if you are beta tester it means that you know your way around falcon (theaters), but we are all humans (except Widowmaker and rest of PMC weirdoes) and forget stuff so check the FAQ page.
When you report a problem, take the location coordinates with possible screenshots (JPG please). Keyboard command CTRL-Z L (press CTRL and Z, release and press L) will activate the constantly updating coordinates in top-right corner of the screen. When taking screenshots, make sure the coordinates are visible! If you cannot otherwise provide clear and direct location (for example BAGHDAD, doh) of the problem area, you must get the coordinates for us. And yes, you CAN report already existing bugs. Beta testers get assigned to grid "killbox" to hunt bugs, if someone you have not received grid box assign please contact us immediately so we can concentrate your work for maximum beta testing effort.
Please report all bugs or issues to our ODS SP3 v0.4 beta forum area!
Thank you for the help testing this theater. It will be much better because guys like you reporting :)