PMC Ranger Path - beta is released

Campaign using LSR Ranger addons

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

PMC Ranger Path - beta is released

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-15 00:43:16

Okay here is our PMC Ranger Path campaign featuring excellent BAS addons Delta/Rangers.

You can find basic details on the campaign page, but briefly you need BAS Delta/Ranger, Littlebird and Chinook along with ColMoore's C-130 Hercules and finally CoC Mines pack.

Here is the first beta version, whopping 497kb in size :)
http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r1.zip

I do hope there is not many bugs left... if/when there is one, I'll of course try to fix it ASAP.

Snake_Man

Re: PMC Ranger Path - beta is released

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-16 16:45:22

Here we go ;)

First update with fixes/edits has been done. Here is the list of stuff changed in this v1.0b revision 2

changelog

May 16th, 2003.
- sideARdio typo on mission 5, fixed.
- mission 5 had alpha black wearing bravo's identity, changed.
- added A-10 Airstrikes for mission 5 for some more balance to US side.
- Some tweaks to second missions ending possibility.
- Added BAS weapons and ammo to the briefing gear selection.
- Removed the nasty debug hint box "deleted" from the first mission.
- Added high dispersion ak-74's for the enemy grunts. Gotta love the high dispersion.

Another whopping 497kb download here
http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r2.zip

icehawk60

Post by icehawk60 » 2003-05-22 03:01:35

When I play the Ranger Butcher mission (Everon Airfield Seizure) I can never get the mission to end. The brief says use 0-0-1 to call in the re-inforcements, but they show up without being called. The only objective showing not accomplished is secure the airfield until re-inforcements arrive. I have been all over the map and killed everything except the good guys and the mission will not end. HELP!!!!

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-22 18:52:50

Massive amount of fixes on this one.

changelog

May 22th, 2003.
- ranger butcher mission tweaked for ending trigger.

Packet format has now been changed to RAR, if someone has problems opening rar files go to http://www.rarlab.com and download winrar. Earlier campaign download size was over 500kb, now its just 197kb when packet with rar.

Download at http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r3.rar

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-05-23 14:04:17

You sure the campaign doesn´t also require editor upgrade 1.02? I was about to play mission Ranger Decapitate and it kept giving an error message that eu 1.02 was missing. After I installed it the mission started fine. :)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-23 17:02:54

You are correct, I found "editorupdate102", on the required addons list.

This was not intentional, seems I was a jackass and used the General Guba's model without realising it was coming from the editor upgrade. Now its removed and wont show up on next version.

So everyone, until next version comes out; mission Decapitate requires yet additional addon: editorupdate102 :(

Mad_Larkin

Post by Mad_Larkin » 2003-05-23 17:10:26

Ok ive dl everything youve said but when I start the campaign i get addons MH47185 and coc mines not found. As far as im awhere ive downloaded both and put them in my addons folder. Can someone give me a direct link to there dls so I can get them.

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-05-26 05:03:22

mad_larkin, have you checked your OFP/addons folder that the addons you mentioned haven´t created their own folders when you extracted them?

icehawk60

Post by icehawk60 » 2003-05-26 06:50:23

I am still having the same problem withe the Ranger Butcher mission. I have been all over the island, waited till sunrise, killed every bad guy and I still can not get the mission to end. Now I am getting a "missing addon BIS_weapons pack" error at the beginning also. The only objective not completed is secure airfield till reinforcements arrive, but they do arrive. One CH-47 and one AH-1 arrive on the scene. Any insight on what could be wrong?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-26 11:01:32

This was after you downloaded & installed the latest version (May 22nd)?

Can you describe the events that happen after you have accomplished the first objective. Dont worry about giving too much details, I can bare one War Story from this campaign.

icehawk60

Post by icehawk60 » 2003-05-26 15:20:41

Yes, it was after I downloaded v3. Once the first objective was completed. I had radio traffic of armor reinforcements from the south. I destroyed 1 T-72 that showed up, but the AH-1 took care of the rest of them. Five minutes later I had 2 dozen guys from the south show up, one group on the runway another through the forest. After stitching those guys up, I proceded south to the first town and dropped another dozen guys. I found one T-72 active, but immobile and destroyed that. I then travel around with the Ural and mop up stragglers, maybe 6 guys total.
Some strange things I noticed was that once the reinforcements show up, I get a target box every once in a while on the bad guys, as if I am no longer the leader. If I travel all the way south to Meaux, I will usually find atleast one T-72 partially destroyed. In the brief it mentions calling 0-0-1 for reinforcements, but that is never on option, they show up once the initial defense force is killed. Let me know if you have any more questions.

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-05-27 15:21:58

Perhaps the extraction LZ in Decapitate could be a bit further away from the enemy occupaid city? The extraction chopper gets blown away when its about to pick us up.

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-05-29 09:45:18

Same thing with mission Ranger Bait. The T-80´s allways get me before the chopper clears away.

localhero

RangerAction

Post by localhero » 2003-05-30 04:20:41

So i know i'm a rookie and all, but i can't seem to get past Ranger Action. My entire team gets it either by some machine gunner, or by artillery or any other way you can think of. what's the secret?

LH

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-05-30 09:34:26

I get an error message at the end of Ranger Data mission saying "radio message rmcomplete not found". :)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-31 04:09:59

New version has been added to the download page here http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r4.rar

changelog

May 31st, 2003.
- ranger data typo on radio trigger/message, fixed.
- ranger decapitate used editorupdate102 addon, removed. Extract LZ moved bit further.
- ending cutscene had LSD (dock landing ship) addon, removed.
- ranger bait extract LZ moved bit further.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2003-06-01 18:16:17

This is potentially one of the best campaigns that's ever been developed for OFP. I realize that with anything the size of this campaign, there is bound to be some bugs.

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is a bug or just me not understanding the mission.

1. When I read the mission orders, it is clear that they are talking about more than 1 soldier on the mission. But when I start the mission, I'm the only guy there is. Not a big problem, but some of the objectives seem to be designed for more than one guy. In effect, I'm not carrying enough ammot to kill everybody! :) The lastest example of this was the taking of the airport, (sorry, forgot the name of the mission).

2. Sometimes the chopper refuses to land or drop the rope. A couple of times, during a certain mission, the rope was dropped over water, killing us all.

3. Sometimes when a mission is started there are several soldiers with me, but very soon after the start, they slump over as if they'd been shot. I assume that is a way to limit the number of soldiers on that particular mission?

4. The standard rifles issued seem to be off on the aim/accuracy. I can empty a clip at an enemy and may not even tough the guy. But if I have an AK74, I can drop him in one shot. (It might just be me.)

Don't get me wrong, I love this campaign. The add-ons are fantastic. You guys have done a fabulous job putting this one together... I hate to even have to mention bugs, because I know how much work you've put into this thing.

I'm looking forward to the next update on this campaign. Great work, guys!

Reacher

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-02 02:44:21

1.  When I read the mission orders, it is clear that they are talking about more than 1 soldier on the mission.  But when I start the mission, I'm the only guy there is.
Yes the GEN SITREP is written for larger overview of the fight. INTEL is ... well intel about enemy etc. ORDERS are specific orders to your squad. TACTICAL is some friendly guy in the HQ who speaks to you more "directly" and in tactical level.
Not a big problem, but some of the objectives seem to be designed for more than one guy.  In effect, I'm not carrying enough ammot to kill everybody!
Well this is still a game, OFP... but if you run out of ammo and all friendly forces are dead, then it could be considered a bit shift in the gameplay balance.
The lastest example of this was the taking of the airport, (sorry, forgot the name of the mission).
Yes there are in fact three airbase captures. But lets assume you're referring to Malden one, the paradrop from C-130?

You ran out of ammo on this mission?
couple of times, during a certain mission, the rope was dropped over water, killing us all.
Which mission?
when a mission is started there are several soldiers with me, but very soon after the start
Ok this is now considered to be known bug then. If the troops killed in previous mission are on the helicopter when next mission starts, they dont get deleted. I have to fix this. Thanks for letting me know.
The standard rifles issued seem to be off on the aim/accuracy.
I think BAS weapons are highly accurate.
I hate to even have to mention bugs, because I know how much work you've put into this thing.
No, in fact you are helping. Its great to hear comments, critique and bug reports. Its easy to fix clear bugs on the missions and I'm glad to do it.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2003-06-02 22:37:46

I can see that I needed to take better notes... heh heh Oh well, I'll jot them down on my next run through Ranger path.

8)

Reacher

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2003-06-05 07:22:20

I think BAS weapons are highly accurate.
They are indeed. However, I believe they are coded with a realistic bullet dispersion algorithm.

Snake Man, myself and others have made a few comments about the campaign back on this BIS forum thread.

Looking forward to your response.
The Avon Lady
MPO: theavonlady@theavonlady.org
INTEL: THE OFP FAQ

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-05 08:24:10

Snake Man, myself and others have made a few comments about the campaign back on
Yes I know as I monitor it closely. I just dont feel like replying to every post here by the minute. Slowly and steadily. :)

I have now made new fixes and intend to do more fixes. This is what we have so far since the release we have online now:
- AI Control script removed from players team (Sieg Heil! Aryan!).
- previous mission dead team members appearing dead in helicopter, fixed (I hope).
- version number added into the overview screen (campaign Start).
- ranger invasion briefing typos :)

I will almost eat my own words and do dramatic change to the AI_Control script, I'll change the arty rounds most likely to be "grenade" instead "mortarshell" and adjust the loading time to 1.5minutes. Also it could be good to change it to the new version (v1.1), this I think will most definitely help player to be more successful against th AI.

Another thing which has been popping up lately is the Ranger Decapitate mission, it just might be worth to check its balance even as I already did some Extract LZ changes on last update.

The next update is bit delayed as I had some windows installation problems in the between. But... it should be out very soon.

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2003-06-05 08:27:51

On more thing about artillery. I think I mentioned this already on the BIS forum. If the mission is completed, shelling should stop ASAP. You have no control over your team once the outro kicks in and you can still loose squad mates then.
The Avon Lady

neuronios

Post by neuronios » 2003-06-05 23:07:02

http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r3.rar

File does not exist!!!

I want to download it cause I cant finish a mission in review 2!

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-06 02:27:39

File does not exist!!!
I want to download it cause I cant finish a mission in review 2!
Download the latest version, which happens to be the only available download.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-06 10:09:33

New version has been added to the download page. Fixes and edits are as following

changelog

Jun 6th, 2003. v1.0b rev 5
- AI Control script removed from players team (Sieg Heil! Aryan!).
- previous mission dead team members appearing dead in helicopter, fixed (I hope).
- version number added into the overview screen (campaign Start).
- ranger invasion briefing typos :)
- ranger bait mission extract LZ moved further out. also enemies tweaked.
- ranger bait cutscene touched up, bit more activity.

Download it here http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r5.rar

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2003-06-09 17:50:57

Hmmmmmmmmmm.................

In the pilot SAR mission, when I blow up the Apache, one of my very own teammates shoots me. :o

No, I did not kill anyone on my squad during the demolition.
The Avon Lady

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-10 03:45:53

Okay this apache destroying and team attacking player is semi-bug. You can avoid it by ordering your AT soldier to target & fire the downed apache.

I just completed the mission, 1h 11mins not a shot fired (except the AT solider rocket to apache). I must say it felt somewhat boring, but since I did that mission and remember that there ARE active enemy patrols... it was ok mission overall. In fact there were few enemy patrols that I had to evade along with the pesky mines.

Not everything need to be quake slugfest ;)

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2003-06-10 04:23:32

I had no problems encountering patrols. :-/

Thanks for the tip on getting rid of the Apache. Should be in the readme, if it isn't already.
The Avon Lady

neuronios

Post by neuronios » 2003-06-12 01:05:39

I cant finish the mission ranger butcher!!! Next incomlete objective says: "secure untill reinforcements arrive", but the reinforcements do arrive. After they arrive the enemy counter-attack begins. I kill all enemy but mission never ends. HELP!!!

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2003-06-12 04:40:04

I kill all enemy but mission never ends. HELP!!!
In the meantime, use the ENDMISSION cheat.
The Avon Lady

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-06-12 07:20:03

I´ve encountered a problem in Ranger Snatch mission. The helo insertion doesn´t seem to work. The chopper just stays hovering above the insertion LZ and nothing happens. I have to eject myself and after that order my squad to disembark before I get my troops on the ground. Also I think the LZ could be a bit further from the enemy positions. On couple of occasions the chopper has been blown away by BMP´s. :)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-15 03:22:01

Okay here is the v1.0b rev 6 now, some fixes made. Hopefully this runs smoothly.

changelog

Jun 15th, 2003. v1.0b rev 6
- ranger pilots, Charlie (chinook) callsign was announced as Bravo, fixed.
- all missions have their ranger solider skills set to 60% and AT to 75%.
- ranger snatch wrong helo called upon fast rope, fixed.
- ranger snatch colonel random pos not active, fixed.
- ranger morning radio calls (assault & extract) wrong, fixed.
- ranger morning insertion LZ position changed, no more splashes in the water.
- ranger morning briefing "typo" said blackhawk instead chinook, fixed.
- ranger morning chinook radio callsign wrong, fixed.
- ranger data objective triggers tweaked.
- ranger pow chinook callsign wrong, fixed.
- All fast rope insertions double checked, they should (I repeat should) work now.

Download here
http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r6.rar

SEAL84

Post by SEAL84 » 2003-06-16 15:14:58

This may have been addressed/fixed already, but I played the campaign through Ranger Juice (with much enjoyment) and pretty much stopped after half a dozen tries couldn't get me past it.

The problem is that it's me and a machine gunner. That's it.

There's got to be a company of Russkies down there and I have two guys. You have to blow the tank and kill all those troops. Sorry, not with two men. I've tried. A lot.

I finished the mission before it with only 2 losses to my squad (started with all 12), but I guess it's possible that when the outtro kicks in I'm still losing men, which sucks 'cause if that's the case I can't do anything about it.

So in short the problem is that I often have different numbers of guys from mission to mission and I can't find a reason for it, because they sure as hell didn't die in the mission. Has to be the outro, right?

But aside from that I enoyed what I've played.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-16 16:30:54

I finished the mission before it with only 2 losses to my squad (started with all 12), but I guess it's possible that when the outtro kicks in I'm still losing men
Hmm indeed TheAvonLady mentioned something that during outro sequence people can still be killed.

I'll see what I can do.
I often have different numbers of guys from mission to mission and I can't find a reason for it
In the main campaign menu when you browse the Ranger Path missions, can you see there any statistics of the played missions, maybe this gives some clues of what happened on earlier missions.

Again I'll try to make sure if you play missions 1, 2 and 3, the mission 3 wont get "save status" from mission 1 etc.

But if you can provide any insight info on your played missions and statistics, it would help.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-16 22:15:38

New day, New update. One note about the Ranger Data mission, its going to be very rough ride and I havent completed/survived the mission yet but I think its possible. There is even savegame right before the interesting part starts.

As always, all comments and feedback is very welcome.

changelog

Jun 16th, 2003. v1.0b rev 7
- players units might get killed in outtro cutscene, fixed.
- helo lands at airbase shutting down its engine and waits for extract call.
- ranger snatch, if colonel is dead there will be radio + briefing update.
- debug message removed from Ammos. haha... so sad :(
- artillery too darn deadly, first tweak made, more later if needed.
- ranger data, added extract radio reply. added enemies Muhaha!, added gunships.
- ranger pow, bait and butcher AI backups fixed.

download from
http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... .0b.r7.rar

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2003-06-23 05:53:10

/bump

Any plans for an update soon?
The Avon Lady

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-23 07:48:40

You posted big list of good ideas on the BIS forums, however the rough feeling I got reading all that was that its never going to happen in this campaign.

So update... well my bug list for Ranger Path shows this now:
--- buglist
insert/extract mode CARELESS.
make individual exit.sqs save settings :(
serious CHECK for ai script with backup1/backup2 etc.
ranger data, radiomsg says A-10 but apaches appear.
nocomms, make the commtower to be destroyed.

And in fact... I think that AI script backup1/backup2 was already fixed... almost, dunno.

What other lets say serious bugs are there currently unfixed?

The_Avon_Lady
Recruit

Post by The_Avon_Lady » 2003-06-23 08:37:44

What other lets say serious bugs are there currently unfixed?
I mentioned some more on this page.
The Avon Lady

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-23 09:01:18

Bug: Get missing addon: bas_kiowapack message at start of Bridge mission intro. Intro doesn't play.
This is nice, quote from another forum ;)

OK, kiowapack... I think it says it all when I tell you that I have never even downloaded kiowapack. It is absolutely strange that it gives this error. It must have something to do with mission editor not always saving the Addons data, this happens on BAS and SEB addons I believe. But why it gives error on some addon that I never even had is complete mystery to me :)

Other reports of the Serpent not ending and engines humming is now added to the buglist.

OK so when is the next update? I'll try to hurry it up, please remind me if it takes too long (meaning I'm lost in WrpTool world creation).

doc

Post by doc » 2003-06-23 14:33:34

hey guys, I've been playing & downloading campaigns for over a year, and this is the best one yet. Great work, very creative!

I have a problem with missions 7, 8, and 10 where I start in the chinook as a pilot, and when I "fasten harness" I then become a dead leader , just sitting dead in the helo???

If I "get out", I am lying dead on the tarmack and the mission continues without me???

please help!!!!