PMC Ohio Arcanum 8km Development

Farming Simulator 19 editing discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Ohio Arcanum 8km Development

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-13 02:50:41

PMC Ohio Arcanum 8km Farming Simulator 19 terrain.

Official PMC Ohio Arcanum 8km FS19 homepage explains everything there is to know, including field sizes, screenshots, dev diary, changelog, etc.

See all PMC Terrains for Farming Simulator 19 and our FS19 Map Making Tutorial page if you want to get started with terrain editing or just improve your existing skills.

Here are the very first full PMC dev diary VIDEO for FS19 which includes global mapper work to get real world data terrain done properly, to my knowledge you cant see that anywhere else in the farmsim community.

Dev Diary PMC Ohio Arcanum Terrain E01 2020-05-18 Farming Simulator 19.

Dev Diary PMC Ohio Arcanum Terrain E02 2020-05-18 Farming Simulator 19.

Note: these are not a youtube map making video tutorials or guides, these are entertainment, if you want to learn how to edit terrains read PMC website tutorial link above.

As of what happens with editing PMC Ohio Arcanum 8km next... well placing vegetation and building objects begins next, no idea when that is going to take place, have bunch of other projects to work on as well.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ARG_Afb
1st Lt
Gaming Interests: ArmA 3
Editing Interests: Terrains

Re: PMC Ohio Arcanum 8km Development

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-13 13:41:04

Terrain looks nice! Saw the videos of its development and the process, if you need any help with roads or something in the map just ask me, I’m free now :wink:
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-13 15:33:48

Placing objects perhaps would be the most important, buildings and trees. Then of course the dreaded roads with 3d mesh objects.

Would be great if you could help with placing buildings, farm yards. I don't care much about decorations in the first pass of placing objects, just the buildings alone would make a big difference.

I would not ask anyone or even feel comfortable if someone placed all buildings for me, but would you like to create few farm yards maybe?

We could try out how the cooperation would work technically and in "human level", meaning that you already know my editing standards, no errors, no excessive models/textures in terrain dir and building objects would be standard giants residential houses, farm bin silos and then CBJ buildings (or maybe TrailerParkFarms TPF as well, cant remember if they were too polygon heavy in FS19).

Oh and if you want to create some unique building 3d models in blender, that would of course be awesome. I don't need million polygon 8k texture masterpieces, but as we are now limited to giants houses and community released vehicle sheds, having custom done buildings to specific measurements would be great, even if they were low(er) poly.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-13 21:30:21

Yeah of course we can do that! DM me if you want me to help you, I could make some sheds and send them to you, some Ohio style sheds with low polys and not a TRILLION polys, the most important thing a LOT of people and even the most experienced modders forget is the “merge by distance” command that reduces polys in a standard 65-70% and makes the model waaaay easier to handle by the game
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-13 23:03:02

When I say custom building 3d models I mean measurements, perfect example are the huge pig barns in Iowa for example, I don't need new sheds just to say that hey look at us we got new buildings.

You cant get such unique shape and size buildings done with giants or CBJ models, yes I used CBJ sheds scaled up in PMC Iowa Garden City 8km but they are pretty bad temporary solution.

Haven't even checked how the arcanum satellite imagery looks but I bet there are few big cow barns with large silage bunkers, plus the usual grain elevators. At least I remember the big grain elevator from Farmhand Mike's videos, its a big landmark and that would be cool to have in real shape and size even if its low poly low texture res/quality model.

PMC since 1984

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-13 23:55:04

ok, can get that easily
AFB