Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

eystratiou
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Missions

12 IAP (Instrument Approach Procedure) charts for Balkans

Post by eystratiou » 2011-02-28 16:08:06

Hi guys .
After my first 6 IAP charts for Balkans theater for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force , now i give to Falcon pilots 6 extra IAP charts for airports : Bari/Palese Macchie , Falconara , Gioia del Colle , Lecce , Ronchi dei Legionari and Venezia Tessera (all in Italy) . And with previous airports : Crotone , Grosseto , Pescara and Rimini in Italy , Pula in Croatia and Ljubljana in Slovenia we have totally 12 IAP charts .
Charts are under scale and very precise . Each chart is a jpg photo with dimensions 21X29.7cm .
Below you can see a sample of chart of Ronchi dei Legionari (Italy) airport :

Charts are so precise , that you can land at airport even with fog and at night with visibility less of a nautical mile .
Zip file contains “IAP General Info Balkans.pdf” with very useful informations and inside folder Kneemap contains an updated kneemap of Balkans theater created by my friend Dennis Beaujean from Mansfield (OH) USA – Special thanks to you Dennis !
Last has the “Tacan list Balkans Falcon4 A F v2.0.pdf” , a TACAN list with all informations about TACAN channels and runways of all airports inside Balkans theater .
Pay attention to these notes :
1) It is critical that at FAF waypoint be at precise altitude with landing gears down and air brakes extended . Then at FAF DME start your descent with 2.5 deg. There is always an intermediate waypoint between FAF and last waypoint (that you turn to final approach course) just for altitude check and minor corrections .
2) In order to have a perfect alignment with runway centerline and because of fact that the DME of the last waypoint has a decimal digit , you must insert GPS coordinates of TACAN station over a steerpoint , so you can turn to final approach course aligned with runway centerline at exactly DME of last waypoint .
You can download the charts from here :
http://www.e-haf.org/mambo/index.php?op ... nfo&id=283
I hope to enjoy these charts with bad weather (night with fog) so you can see their real worth .
Your comments and possible corrections will be welcomed from me . You can also e-mail me at : neystratiou@gmail.com
Have a nice time on Falcon 4.0 Allied Force with safe and precise landings .

Jackal
Recruit

Re: 12 IAP (Instrument Approach Procedure) charts for Balkans

Post by Jackal » 2011-03-01 13:59:32

Thanks a lot, eystratiou, even those might be useable in FreeFalcon also... I fly Balkans' last version found here and released last year.
Jackal out.
"I told it Wilbur and Orville too: that thing will never fly!"

eystratiou
Recruit

Post by eystratiou » 2011-03-03 21:12:05

Jackal wrote:Thanks a lot, eystratiou, even those might be useable in FreeFalcon also... I fly Balkans' last version found here and released last year.
Hi my friend .
If you want , check the data of the charts for 12 airports and inform through this post all of us if the charts can fit to FreeFalcon (and which version of FreeFalcon) .
So check: runway orientation , TACAN channel , GPS coordinates of steerpoint 1 (TACAN or VORTAC GPS) , TDZE (Touchdown Zone Elevation) - at Falcon is runway elevation (barometric) and last the distance between TACAN or VORTAC station and runway threshold area .
Help me to help other Falcon pilots (FreeFalcon) to can use the above charts , if that can be done .

Jackal
Recruit

Post by Jackal » 2011-03-04 23:03:36

Hi, eystratiou.

I think that it will take some time to be done in full, most due to the scarce free time left from my job duties... but it could be done, in a word.

To soon with some good news, I hope, and thanks a lot for your reply most of all.
Jackal out.

eystratiou
Recruit

Post by eystratiou » 2011-03-07 00:08:17

Jackal wrote:Hi, eystratiou.
I think that it will take some time to be done in full, most due to the scarce free time left from my job duties... but it could be done, in a word.
To soon with some good news, I hope, and thanks a lot for your reply most of all.
Hi "Jackal" .
Nice to see that you work with this research .
If you want any clarification , just ask me so i help you to minimize your time of work and possible errors .
E.g. the distance between TACAN or VORTAC station and runway threshold area :
1) From my IAP charts , this distance is the abstraction : DME of last waypoint (that with the decimal digit) - distance in box just before runway .
So for airport Ronchi dei Legionari we have : 1.9 - 1.3 = 0.6 NM (nautical miles)
2) Inside of the game you can have the distance by this :
get your aircraft at the middle of the runway threshold area (if you don't know , the threshold area is the area with 4 and 4 (or 6 and 6) white stripes just before runway number) and point exactly to steerpoint 1 (steerpoint 1 is simultaneously the TACAN station location of each airport) and note from your HUD the distance (lower right at the HUD , starts with B) .
Keep in mind that when the distance from steerpoint is less than 1 NM , then you have an indication of "B XXX" format . When the distance from steerpoint is more than 1 NM , then you have an indication of "BXXX.X" format (in NM) .
So because of the fact that 1 NM = 61 , when you have an indication of "B XXX" format , just divide this number with 61 and you have convert it to NM .
e.g. if you have at the HUD indication : B 043 , then the distance between TACAN (or VORTAC) station and runway threshold area is : 43 / 61 = 0.7049.... -> 0.7 NM (always converting to 1 decimal digit) .
I hope to help , see you ...

Jackal
Recruit

Post by Jackal » 2011-04-02 10:00:39

Thanks for this helping hand too, eystratiou... I hope to send some news about soon, but unfortunately can't tell precisely "when". But I'll do it, I promise!
Greetings from Italy, bud :D
Jackal out.

eystratiou
Recruit

Post by eystratiou » 2011-04-07 14:56:13

Jackal wrote:Thanks for this helping hand too, eystratiou... I hope to send some news about soon, but unfortunately can't tell precisely "when". But I'll do it, I promise!
Greetings from Italy, bud :D
Well i see that you are from Italy , so you are lucky because 10 of 12 of my IAP charts are for italian airports .
So enjoy them and when you finish your work , post your result .
Now i'm working on IAP charts for Israel theater of Allied Force , so keep in touch if you want to have them !
See you my friend ...

Jackal
Recruit

Re: 12 IAP (Instrument Approach Procedure) charts for Balkan

Post by Jackal » 2011-04-08 22:00:52

You can count on news by me about. I'm going to see what's going on with the AF Israeli theater charts.

Keep on going with your valuable work and take care you too.
Jackal out.

eystratiou
Recruit

Post by eystratiou » 2011-04-30 22:37:00

Jackal wrote:You can count on news by me about. I'm going to see what's going on with the AF Israeli theater charts.
Keep on going with your valuable work and take care you too.
Hi "Jackal" .
I'm glad with the fact that you are working with my IAP charts of Balkans and the compatibility with FreeFalcon .
Take your time to have a nice result . I have no poblem to count on you .
Now the good news , IAP charts for Israel theater are ready and you can download them if you want from here :
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22450
I hope to enjoy them .
See you my friend at your project ...

Jackal
Recruit

Post by Jackal » 2011-05-13 11:25:28

Thanks again for this update, eystratiou - I hope to let you know how the experiment has gone. But the same I'm having a positive feelinf since now... we'll see.

Take care.
Jackal out.