ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Georgia-Russia conflict..

Post by ccc » 2010-06-09 13:43:16

jabo

Post by jabo » 2010-08-12 17:14:47

To Sherlock or anyone who uses FALCON 4.0 AF with Georgian terrain
Please note for any AF developers that the command for LxNormalFix above is different as follows:

C:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\Georgia\terrdata\LxNormalFix.exe $LP @georgia @c:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\Georgia\terrdata

Note: The above path assumes AF was installed in the default directory path.

Also, I had to put the HTTI.exe terrain builder in the \terrain folder (where the L2/O2 were located) to get it to "see" the L2 file and run to completion.
Please, can you explain me in detail how to fix the ground above sea in Falcon AF? I´ve tried the command lines that you show (of course, adapted to my Falcon AF installation path) and I did not see any effect over the sea, even I continue seeing blocks of land at about 5 miles far off the coast. Also I moved the executable files to the folders that you mention but no effect. I´ve noticed that, when the Htti.exe is compiling the terrain files, it shows the process of all less the modified one, theater.l2, is this normal?

thank you!
(excuse me for my bad english, is not my language)
Cuando las ganas de joder aprietan...ni los culos de los muertos se respetan!

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2010-08-12 18:35:29

jabo wrote:To Sherlock or anyone who uses FALCON 4.0 AF with Georgian terrain
Please note for any AF developers that the command for LxNormalFix above is different as follows:

C:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\Georgia\terrdata\LxNormalFix.exe $LP @georgia @c:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\Georgia\terrdata

Note: The above path assumes AF was installed in the default directory path.

Also, I had to put the HTTI.exe terrain builder in the \terrain folder (where the L2/O2 were located) to get it to "see" the L2 file and run to completion.
Please, can you explain me in detail how to fix the ground above sea in Falcon AF? I´ve tried the command lines that you show (of course, adapted to my Falcon AF installation path) and I did not see any effect over the sea, even I continue seeing blocks of land at about 5 miles far off the coast. Also I moved the executable files to the folders that you mention but no effect. I´ve noticed that, when the Htti.exe is compiling the terrain files, it shows the process of all less the modified one, theater.l2, is this normal?

thank you!
(excuse me for my bad english, is not my language)

jabo,
You mention "...I continue seeing blocks of land at about 5 miles far off the coast" so I can only assume you are getting land showing up in the sea where you don't expect it show up? Is this correct?

In other words, I need to find out what exactly is the problem with your installation? You don't state that.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2010-08-13 03:35:19

it sounds like "shared sea tile" bug.

check my posts in this thread.. i've some updated files to fix it. SM missed the files in this release-but he also fixed "land-beneath sea level" in other areas.. so..

jabo

Post by jabo » 2010-08-13 14:22:11

Since it seems that I have not been understood well, I put this image to explain better my problem:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1561/georgiabug.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see, the view is taken from Kobuleti airport with a heading of 228º, which means directly towards the Black Sea, It seems as if the sea bed was overheighted.
I have read the messages of ccc but I did not manage to solve the failure with terrain in AF.

I am useful to thank you for your work with this terrain,it´s a good idea and with the help of all we can get an excellent theater.
Last edited by Snake Man on 2010-08-13 16:04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please dont hotlink very large (file size) images. 100kb per image is ok, 300kb is not.
Cuando las ganas de joder aprietan...ni los culos de los muertos se respetan!

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-08-13 16:34:07

This release of the Georgia theater is for developers only. If you don't know how to properly install/fix it then I would suggest you wait for the corrections to be made and then install it later when there is a properly working installation package made.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Koy_ote

Post by Koy_ote » 2011-11-28 21:39:22

Hi All. I am from georgia. we are the ones that experienced the war and know all about it. i can help with the project if it still is in progress. if you need any info, do not hesitate to write me on mail
koy_ote@yahoo.com

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-11-28 23:57:32

Yes this theater is in development. All bug reports and suggestions are very welcome.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Koy_ote

Post by Koy_ote » 2011-12-01 11:30:39

how can i get a draft of the project? prevous links are broken (404-not found error)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-12-01 12:04:11

New version for AF, FF and BMS is coming soon. I don't know how many days, but "soon". I'm actually working on the installer(s) now.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."