FS22 Early 2022 PMC Terrain Design Feature Freeze

Farming Simulator 22 general playing etc discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

FS22 Early 2022 PMC Terrain Design Feature Freeze

Post by Snake Man » 2022-12-15 07:38:20

I created PMC Cereal Region 32km, PMC King Corn 45km, PMC Korkscrew 40km, PMC RedWhiteBlue 10km, PMC Super Six 6km and PMC Undefined Farms 20km terrains in early 2022, its now mid december 2022 and future is uncertain with Windows 8.1 Support Ends 2023-01-10 so tonight I decided to put feature freeze to DESIGN of these terrains.

What this means is those big plans for adding towns, cities, big grain elevators, big fields and similar things, are now cancelled. I will try to fix critical bugs and game-play improving issues which do not change the terrain design.

Few examples comes to mind; terrain edge geometry blocks are missing so vehicles can "fall off", another is that I recall all designs had train on them but currently none of the projects have trainSystem, things like that, stuff that does NOT fundamentally change how to terrain plays.

Mainly I made this decision to be a bit more realistic about goals, I am already behind schedule as time is short with that win8.1 support, at least now with the trimmed more humble bug/issue report list its much nicer to work, trying to edit as much as possible before time runs out.

Oh and I highly doubt there is enough time to add trains for example, sure I could slap in trainSystem.i3d in few hours on all the terrains but it would lack 3D tracks so not very nice.

Also Farming Simulator 22 currently is more or less at mid part of its life, unless giants skip another year (like fs19 -> fs22, that conzole generation nonsense), we should be getting the next game in november 2023 which is next year, less than one year from now, so if our terrains are still not finished design wise... when would they be, when would we get to actually play them before the new game engine is released heh. While this design freeze is not anykind of conclusion, at least its a bit more ... dunno how to call it, stable and realistic situation, hmm sorry dunno how to explain it.

Just wanted to give an update on these FS22 PMC Terrains as there was discussion with few guys where I asked suggestions of what cool stuff to add and got some nice feedback.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."