Farming Simulator 22 editing discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ARG_Afb
1st Lt
Gaming Interests: ArmA 3
Editing Interests: Terrains

FS22 Wisconsin Port Wing 5km

Post by ARG_Afb » 2023-04-27 21:05:33

hey snake! sorry if i ask for lots of base files, but i really want to try 1 meter DEMs so i tought of this nice place in wisconsin to make a 5km map, i would be really happy if you got me these files, maybe another month i will start the Wapogasset lake map, you know the hype i got for that HQ dem,
this is the exact place i want the center of the map to be:
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.7681764 ... 78332,186m
a 4096x4096 dem would be ok, i would just need to modify the UnitsPerPixel to 1,25 so i wouldnt really lose thaaat much quality and also 5km is a nice size for a map
WYTB
AFB
:D
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: FS22 Wisconsin Port Wing 5km

Post by Snake Man » 2023-04-29 19:22:11

ARG_Afb wrote:
2023-04-27 21:05:33
1 meter DEMs
One meter resolution heightmap.
so i tought of this nice place in wisconsin
What makes that a nice place for farming?
maybe another month i will start the Wapogasset lake
Now I start to feel like an bad example for the community when I have so many unfinished PMC Terrains FS19. It was never my intention to lead the community to believe "its OK" to create more and more unfinished terrains :(

You know I love to help people with tutorials and creating real world data terrain source files, but if its just endless list of projects which pile up on the unfinished category, then whats the point. I'd like to spend my time on something useful, I got million PMC ArmA 3 real world data terrain location ideas I'd like to do but I wont as there are already way too many on unfinished list. Community should benefit from the editing work, my goal has always been to produce playable content for the community.

Why not edit one of your terrains to playable state and release it for the community to use instead of keep creating more and more terrain projects?

If I create port wing terrain source files for you, are you willing to release it once basic game-play functionality has been done (cultivator_density, single or simple shape field definitions, painted roads, selling points and vehicle shop)?
WYTB
Never heard of this?

Anyways.

I'll get Wisconsin Port Wing 5km terrain source files started and check back here when you have replied to the above questions.

tags: Farming Simulator 22, FS22, FS19, Realistic American Terrain.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2023-04-29 20:59:40

hey snake!
yeah its heightmap lol, my bad
it has some nice hills, good forests, a nice town and the place overall looks nice, it also has a beach! (i got a strange love for maps with beaches, idk, makes me feel its bigger or something?)
you are not a bad example man, it was YOU the one that inspired me to start making maps for games, if it wasnt for you maybe none of my maps would have existed, EVERY modder in the FS community has an unreleased-unfinished map, from Large H, me, you, NDMM, smeby, south sask, jesse pippin, MRG, even DJ modding has.
i have some "near finished" state terrains but i would need help to finish them, you know, place things, finish the deco, etc.
i promise you that once i finish the "basics" of the Port Wing map im gonna release it so everyone can play it.
WYTB=wish you the best!
:D
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2023-04-29 21:14:50

Okay good, look forward to checking it out, oh also please keep us updated in this topic on development progress. If you want send it to me for preview testing before release so any issues you missed could be fixed.

USA Wisconsin Port Wing 5km design 1.

Is that location OK?

Also note about heightmap grid * unitsPerPixel, I recall on PMC Super Six 6km I used 4096 * 1.5m which caused about 30-35FPS performance issue when looking at the horizon with a max amount of heightmap on the view, for example looking at terrain center from one of the corners. If you are now doing 4096 * 1.25m ... uuh dunno man, I bet it lags like hell :?

But that can be easily fixed by reducing heightmap grid size to 2048 and increasing unitsPerPixel to 2.5m. Its just that the larger unitsPerPixel gets the less details the terrain heightmap has.

Of course with FS19 large terrains its constant 30FPS performance which never stopped me from playing so heh there is that :)

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2023-04-29 22:47:38

yeah that grid is Perfect! thanks snake! i will try with 4096 scale heightmap, if it lags a lot well, i will use 2048
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2023-04-29 23:09:09

Okay all done, heightmap is looking TiGHT.

USA Wisconsin Port Wing 5km source data:

Code: Select all

heightmap grid 4096 x 4096
unitsPerPixel="1.25"
heightScale="105.04"
Will private message you the link for source file, reply back here when I can delete it.

PMC since 1984

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2023-04-30 12:56:50

files downloaded! thanks snake!
AFB