Field definitions game-play with crops / contracts

Farming Simulator 19 general playing etc discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Field definitions game-play with crops / contracts

Post by Snake Man » 2022-12-09 05:51:50

Field Definitions are field numbers and allow AI to plants crops on the field definition "corner pieces", these are then offered as contracts by the AI.

Early 2022 when I created Farming Simulator 22 (FS22) PMC Terrains, specifically PMC Undefined Farms 20km there was field definitions only in a few selected fields, this was meant to be temporary as the terrain was under active development. However penalty_box tested it out and loved the number-less fields without contracts, he said that it opens whole new game-play as you cannot make silly amounts of money with fertilizing contracts anymore and actually have to work for your own fields.

Such strange thing that a simple "this is a WIP I'll add fields later." situation creates this kind of new hmm what should I call it, a design, game-play or theme or way of developing, really not sure how to label it.

So then I continued leaving the other FS22 terrains without all field definitions in place as well (except PMC Cereal Region 32km).

There are NO plans of leaving field definitions out on any real world data terrains, in fact all existing FS19 PMC real world data terrains plus the few fictional ones already have field definitions.

This discussion topic is for "debate" about what is the best course of action, no field numbers at all or standard fields?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Field definitions game-play with crops / contracts

Post by Snake Man » 2023-01-03 18:51:36

2023-01-02T19:19:00Z

FS19 Autodrive network waypoint route recording. You need field numbers, you cannot record routes on unknown fields, there is just no point. Even if you have to add copy-paste small 1ha field templates to get numbers, do it.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."