FS19 Indiana Fair Oaks 12km Development

Farming Simulator 19 editing discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

FS19 Indiana Fair Oaks 12km Development

Post by Snake Man » 2023-02-20 17:34:18

This development topic is labeled "FS19 Indiana Fair Oaks 12km" because its not going to be a PMC Terrain FS19 as we normally know them. Indiana Fair Oaks was created on summer of 2020 by users request and I decided to try that 12.2km x 12.2km size (you have seen ARG_afb's FS22 AFB Spring Creek 12km (North Dakota Hastings) by now, this is the same size).

Currently nothing more has been done other than you see in the videos below. Plan is not to continue developing this. If anyone would like to adopt this orphan terrain project, feel free to describe your desire to edit such a large indiana real world data terrain, I might just give the sources to you.

Youtube videos of the development, here you get to see how I GIMP paint fields in cultivator_density, slap some grass on fruit_density images, use GE v8 (dunno which version it was back then, should show up on the video) to create vehicle shop / dealership and selling points. The usual good editing stuff.

These videos are precious to me with fond memories, it was the time still in Windows 7 with that very small desktop scaling (125%) where text looks so small, all the FS19 terrains you see in PMC Farming website are done in this environment, for most of those I don't have any recorded video footage, so yeah I am happy to have some real world data terrain editing footage from years ago :)

Dev Diary Indiana Fair Oaks 12km Terrain E01 2020-06-02 Farming Simulator 19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-rcY0URtA
Dev Diary Indiana Fair Oaks 12km Terrain E02 2020-06-02 Farming Simulator 19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI5iA6EpfyQ

tags: farming simulator, fs19, editing, tutorial, guide, giants editor, modding, mapping (haha), what else hmm.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."