PMC Germany Landstuhl Development

ArmA 3 editing; configs, modeling, missions, textures, terrain etc.

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Germany Landstuhl Development

Post by Snake Man » 2022-07-05 22:15:17

PMC Germany Landstuhl 40km x 40km terrain development.

2022-07-05T20:24:00Z started to create brand new terrain as I need Ramstein air base in germany to be used in PMC campaigns. Well, mainly in PMC Red Zero campaign for now, but hopefully ramstein air base could be utilized in others as well.

I'm writing usual dev diary for this terrain so not going to very fine details in here.

Google/maps location.

The highway between landstuhl regional medical center and ramstein air base is pretty much dead center of the terrain, so we get 20km landscape in N, E, S and W.

Was considering doing only 10-20km terrain, but I just cant do little girlie men terrains, its just not something one can do and be able to look themselves in the mirror the next morning.

The idea is that US forces arrive to europe by air lifting troops and equipment into this air base, also landstuhl regional medical center is the largest US military hospital in europe, casualties all over the middle east and africa arrives there first.

This is important US european / african forces location for sure.

Not sure if there ever is going to be a fictional scenario where soviet commie scum will attack landstuhl, so this terrain would most likely be used in campaign hub task only. We'll see what kind of believable story lines we could come up with.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Re: PMC Germany Landstuhl Development

Post by Snake Man » 2022-07-07 05:03:34

Earlier today got PMC Germany Landstuhl terrain binarized, haven't tested arma3 in-game yet.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Re: PMC Germany Landstuhl Development

Post by Snake Man » 2022-11-07 20:37:05

PMC Germany Landstuhl editing continues. Today woke up with editing enthusiasm and jumped right into landstuhl 65.5km x 65.5km terrain.

Got openstreetmap (OSM) areas, roads and places transformed, global mapper satellite mask and texture exported.

I chose (by mistake) 4 x 4 grid tile image setup for satellites which comes to 16384 pixel resolution which is a bit high, I feel uncomfortable editing those with GIMP even with 64gb RAM, I just prefer smaller images. But decided to leave them be for now, GIMP loaded them so it was fine. Next time 8 x 8 heh.

Got terrain builder project created and terrain processor forest objects generated. Layers PNG to PAA converted and WRP addon dir split up. Then imported objects, it came to total of 19 million, then started pboProject binarization.

A good day.

PMC since 1984