Dynamic Simulation Guard / Patrols

ArmA 3 editing; configs, modeling, missions, textures, terrain etc.

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Dynamic Simulation Guard / Patrols

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-25 14:29:12

2022-06-23T16:25:00Z

ArmA 3 Dynamic Simulation. Editing my latest mission I used dynamic simulation for all enemy AI, easy and simple setup. Used it for guard, sentry and patrol groups nearby the objectives. Then I even used it for "long range patrol" groups which waypoints spread out to KILOMETERS in distance.

Hmm long range patrol groups, do they work as dynamic simulation? What I mean is when player is lets say 2km away from the group it wont be moving ie patrolling in that long distance, only after player approaches the groups becomes active. I am not sure if arma3 engine calculates the waypoint intersection with players location, lets say patrol group is 3km away but their furthest waypoint would intersect with players location, does the group become active then, hmm?

And especially GUARD waypoint groups, I am not sure, it defeats the purpose of these types of groups/waypoints dont you think?

On long missions I have regularly seen a very very far away guard group appearing to make players life interesting. I believe closest guard group will come to investigate if another AI group calls for help which happens automatically by the engine no scripting required. So if all guard groups are frozen in dynamic simulation "inactive" state... they wont come to help other AIs, right?

One of the most lovable features in ofp/arma history has been the sudden and unexpected guard group which shows up to ruin your day :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."