PMC Ranger Path Development

ArmA 3 editing; configs, modeling, missions, textures, terrain etc.

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Ranger Path Development

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-17 05:15:24

PMC Ranger Path US Army Rangers campaign development.

2022-06-17T05:09:00Z

This campaign is from Operation Flashpoint (OFP) era, ballistic addon studios uh60 black hawks and little birds, Laser's rangers.

Unfortunately this campaign porting is incomplete, there is tons of SQS script spaghetti and obsolete commands/scripting in those which simply cannot be ported over, like the bas uh60 effects, fast roping etc.

But I'm trying, goal is to have this as playable campaign in arma3, one day.

So today I just went through a large copy-paste finger pain when exterminating stringtable.csv file by transferring all the contents there to description.ext and mission.sqm files. Actually oddly only one single mission had stuff in mission.sqm file.

But now its done and never have to worry about that stringtable.csv nonsense again, no more RPT file error spam. So that's good.

What happens next with this campaign, who knows... need to do a full evaluation of all the odd OFP missions like fast roping etc that how could those be ported over. But that is for another day.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."