Permission to use Island 51?

ArmA 3 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Rockoria
Gaming Interests: ArmA and ArmA 2.
Editing Interests: Terrains

Permission to use Island 51?

Post by Rockoria » 2017-06-19 23:58:02

Hey guys, sorry in advance if this is a bad place to post this.

I've seen that Bushlurker has passed, and I just discovered and shortly fell in love with his Island 51 map. The closest connection I can find to it other than the defunct account that uploaded it is you guys, so I figured I'd ask here.

I have an idea for a scenario that uses this map, and I'd like to monetize it if I ran a server for it if that's alright. Since he's passed, I'd figure you guys were the closest thing I could get to permission. Hope that doesn't intrude onto anything.

Best Regards

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Permission to use Island 51?

Post by Snake Man » 2017-06-20 12:37:51

It is not my addon and not my place to give permissions, I was just the "messenger" here.

Small advice; even though Bushlurker has passed, don't just take his stuff and do what you want as there are many community members who won't like such activity. You'll just cut yourself off from the community.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Rockoria
Gaming Interests: ArmA and ArmA 2.
Editing Interests: Terrains

Re: Permission to use Island 51?

Post by Rockoria » 2017-06-20 17:20:56

Snake Man wrote:
2017-06-20 12:37:51
Small advice; even though Bushlurker has passed, don't just take his stuff and do what you want as there are many community members who won't like such activity. You'll just cut yourself off from the community.
I'm well aware of that. I like his work as much as everyone else and aren't interested in being a scumbag about it, that's why I came here. If the inheritance of ownership didn't pass on to anyone I'm assuming it's all just off limits, that's fine.