Image editing, reducing colors

3D modeling, image editing, programming, text editing etc. Discussion here is not directly related to any game titles we feature.

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Image editing, reducing colors

Post by Snake Man » 2007-02-14 07:42:37

About image editing. I have a 256 color bmp file, a land use bitmap for Iran theater which CATE reads. The image was originally 16bit and now as it was reduced to 256 colors the different major colored areas got this ugly seam between them.

Let me illustrate.

As you can see, the gulf coast has the ugly BLUE seam and green terrain type has the YELLOW seam which are not supposed to be in the CATE land use bitmap.

Simple question is, how do I remove these BLUE and YELLOW seams between the main colors without having to edit them manually pixel by pixel which would be a huge task?

Hopefully I described this problem detailed enough. I've had this with ODS as I tried to drop in the CIA land use maps and now with the Sherlock's Iranian land use map adjusted. If there would be easy fix for this, then we could do similar image merging for Afghanistan for example.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2007-02-14 13:45:31

my 0.02c,

1. use photoshop, there's some function can [change color].

2. use photoshop, create a basic bmp containing only four color-brown, pink, sand, and green, then set its palette as index paltte - only four colors. then, copy your original bmp, paste on the indexed bmp.. the colors that not belong to the four indexed color will be changed.

Return to “General Editing (tools)”