Falcon4 OBJECTIVES table

Campaign editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

demer928
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Falcon4 OBJECTIVES table

Post by demer928 » 2010-11-20 22:46:42

@Luk, No Prob's M8.........BTW Monster's tool doe's a great job with the .thr file, as you have found out..... !!!!!!! :wink:

@ ED_1 I was referring to the work prior to the release... :wink:

demer

demer928
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Falcon4 OBJECTIVES table

Post by demer928 » 2010-11-21 00:33:19

Polak wrote:I am total novice in the area of "objectives" . How can I view objectives and links between them using Monster's Terrain Editor?
I ahve read and re_read this post above by Luk. I must admit that I do not understand it completely. Are talking here roads crossing one river or three rivers consecutively. From the pictures it looks like three, but I think maybe those are different situations shown.

I looked at path on the tile of horizontal configured river and vertical road from the terrain which I know is working. There was a road path there also vertical and river path consisting of many jagged vectors. The road path was contineous from top of the tile to bottom of it. There was also a bridge path which was OVERLAYING the road path in the place where the road path was crossing the river path. The widths of the road and bridge paths were the same.

So my thinking and interpretation is as follows: the unit SHOULD travel on the road accross the the river as long as road pathis uninterrupted there. The unit MAY NOT cross the river if the bridge path is destroyed which information would have came from the OBJECTIVE database ? To me always very puzzling is the question: do the coordinates of the paths need to be exactly matching? So far I do not see clear and unambigueos answer.

img]http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/TPolak/path.jpg[/img]

BTW: the river on the tile is not strictly coordinated (yet ) here. Still is does not matter as the units cross the river via the road and bridge only.
Sorry,Ted, just saw this.
The unit WILL travel across the RIVER path as long as there is a BRIDGE path defined(giv'in that the TileType is correct and that the AREA is correct????!!!........ :wink: ). That is what lead's me to believe that the Code DESTRUCT's the BRIDGE path when you destroy the associated Object ???!!!! This seem's to be particuler to certain Objective's in Falcon.
Some seem to be treated different by the Code then other's.

demer