Captured objectives questions

Campaign editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

toonces
Brig. General

Captured objectives questions

Post by toonces » 2009-09-10 14:27:14

Gentlemen,
I've been working on some campaigns in FF5 and I've run into something interesting. Unfortunately, I can't get tacedit to work reliably with FF4 anymore at the moment.

Here's the problem: I have an ROK unit that moves to a DPRK objective and "capture" it. In the Falcon 2d planning map, the objective changes color from red to blue. A note comes up saying the unit captured the objective.

At that point I save the campaign.

When I open up that saved campaign file in tacedit, I check the objective that was "captured" and it will still show Owership: DPRK, Control: DPRK.

I can't figure out if this is typical, or if something is "broken".

If one of you guys can check one of your saved campaign files where a unit has captured an enemy objective, and let me know if the "control" changed from enemy to friendly, that would help me a great deal.

I also checked this in Panama in FF5 and the same thing happened. I'm trying to troubleshoot a number of issues...

toonces
Brig. General

Re: Captured objectives questions

Post by toonces » 2009-09-10 14:31:03

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

The problem seems to be that "control" is not being transfered when a unit crosses an enemy objective.

The first picture is a grab of Paechon Bridge. Notice how it as "owner" as ROK but "control" is still DPRK.

The second pic is a grab of the armored bn that won't cross the bridge. Its aobj is Haeju, as described earlier. Its "Last Obj" is 976- Paechon Bridge. For some reason, control just isn't transfering to ROK units...I checked all over the board and they just aren't getting control of the objectives.

molnibalage
Colonel
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Modeling

Post by molnibalage » 2009-09-11 05:45:57

I have only a guess. Maybe the objects can't change their owner but their captured flag determines that still have the original owner or not. I don't know.
Core 2 Duo E7300, Gigabyte EP43, 4 GB RAM (1066MHz), Shappire Radeon HD4850 1GB

lamurt
Recruit

Post by lamurt » 2009-09-11 09:21:19

check objective delta section instead!
whatever object that had been captured would have an owner field there, and the value of it had to be different from the owner/controller value of the objective itself!
-murad

DoctorX
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by DoctorX » 2009-09-15 00:56:14

This is normal. The "Control" field always displays the orignal owner, the "Owner" field is the one that changes when objectives are captured.

IMO the "Control" field is mislabeled in tacedit. If you export the objectives, the column for "Control" is actually "FOwner" (former owner).

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2009-09-15 13:39:13

Thanks for the replies.

As lamurt said, I believe the change of ownership is shown in the objective delta field...never knew what that did...