Vietnam: The Experience - Multiplayer Event Oct 19th, 2012

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Vietnam: The Experience - Multiplayer Event Oct 19th, 2012

Post by Snake Man » 2012-10-11 20:44:41

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE) multiplayer event on Friday October 19th, 2012.

Starting time 20:00 UTC

Location is PMC Tactical dedicated linux server running ArmA 2 Combined Operations v1.62 and VTE v1.4 (with CBA as required addon).

Event is prepared up to 32 players. Missions are generally COOP, but few PvP ones are available if players ask. For example we have long COOPs with several objectives or perhaps special mission to search and rescue downed pilot.

You'll find the server from ingame browser, just put in search filter VTE or Vietnam, both will find it. Server name is:

VIETNAM: The Experience (VTE) on PMC Tactical

Direct ip if you happen to need it is: 89.166.38.249

Server is up all the time so you can join to check that all your addons/keys are properly set, we recommend you do this in good time before the event starts. Our server runs battleye and signature checks so you must remove all other addons.

All Vietnam War mod fans and enthusiasts are very welcome to join. Hope to see you all there for some excellent multiplayer.

For downloads and info visit PMC Tactical website and Vietnam: The Experience - ArmA 2 page.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

skelig
Recruit
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2 and OFP.
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Re: Vietnam: The Experience - Multiplayer Event Oct 19th, 20

Post by skelig » 2012-10-17 19:41:49

i'll be there

EZJack
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Missions

Post by EZJack » 2012-10-18 19:12:50

E-Z will be there as well...

but may i suggest changing your server a bit though where it doesn't ban for ever error?
i crashed to desktop earlier (happens a lot to me) and i was banned while i was not even in the server for some battle eye connection problem..
it really is kinda harsh, will keep players away.. literally.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2012-10-19 05:45:58

I have now removed the automatic banning as it seems to ban without good reason, now it only kicks.

Can't wait for tonight's event.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

EZJack
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Missions

Post by EZJack » 2012-10-20 01:40:37

it was a great time snake, thanks so much for making it possible.
we here at E-Z had a blast and look forward to more games.

cheers!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2012-10-20 03:48:39

Just finished off from the server myself, was last man to leave the battlefield :)

Will prepare some kind of event conclusions post soon with screenshots and video.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2012-10-21 05:10:43

Vietnam: The Experience Multiplayer Event. Friday, October 19th, 2012.

Our previous VTE MP event was on May 23rd, 2009. and it got us 26 players. Then there was the PMC 10th Anniversary MP event (with default ArmA 2) which was total failure. It was time for new VTE MP event since so many guys already joined our server on daily basis.

For me personally the event started server time 1951hrs and finished 0630hrs (official starting time 20:00 UTC).

When I joined it was way ahead of schedule (I believe 1651hrs UTC), but it was my plan all along. There was three guys playing at that time.

Was very surprised and happy to see my old friend lwlooz from good old OFP times to join, you can always count on lwlooz to save PMC MP events! :)

Other guys on the server were the new VTE players none of whom I recognized from ArmA times, in fact some of them (if I recall correctly) came through DayZ. Everyone was pretty much new to VTE at least in our MP community sense which started at ArmA.

When the event officially started at 20:00 UTC (2300hrs server time), we had exactly 11 guys online. We played couple of nice missions and everything went smoothly.

We peaked at 14 players joined at the same time. This is bit lower number than I was expecting considering the amount of advertisement we had and the average non-event nights usual player counts (5-8). I was hoping that we break our 2009 ArmA VTE event record of 26 players but no such luck.

We had great time playing though, as said everything went smoothly, missions worked fine and we even got to do lot of team work which is kind of surprising for such public gathering.

When lwlooz left at about 0240hrs we had 9 guys playing, soon after I had to eat for a moment and when I finished eating at 0310hrs we had 6 players. Finally the last guy dropped out at 0622hrs, I was around few minutes and then left exactly 0630hrs which was the official ending time of this event (technically).

During the event I took some screenshots and captured some video footage. Total 41min 49sec of raw video footage was captured which edited down to a 36min 34sec duration.

VTE MP Event Screenshot: 11 players and 14 players.

VTE MP Event 10-19-12 (4min)

VTE MP Event 10-19-12 Directors Cut (36min)

I would like to thank everyone who participated in our Vietnam: The Experience Multiplayer Event, it was really fun playing with you, thank you!

PMC since 1984

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”