Bug report v1.3.10

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

TrueApothecary
Recruit
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Bug report v1.3.10

Post by TrueApothecary » 2011-05-16 07:49:19

I've been busy with school and I didn't see you were working on the mod again. Anyhow here are some observations.

A1J skyraider - Gunsight looks broken (you can't see through it.
A6 - nose on the 3d model does not connect on the bottom
B54- most of the chassis does not connect on the bottom.
Also there is no cockpit configured (But I think this is more of an AI plane anyhow)
Birddog- Player is tilted back to far, he is sitting through the seat (cockpit gagues are fuzzy)
C130's - Couldn't hop into the cockpits of most of these. most don't seem to have collision models (I can run right through them)
F100 - player sits too high and is tilted too far back. I think the pilot is clipping through part of the plane because when I look back I don't see a seat.
F105 - player sits too high and is tilted too far back. I think the pilot is clipping through part of the plane because when I look back I don't see a seat.
F5 - player sits too high and is tilted too far back. I think the pilot is clipping through part of the plane because when I look back I don't see a seat.
- Nose on the 3d model does not connect on the bottom, it is also transparent from the front (looks like a hole)
F4- Pilot is tilted slightly too far back and is inside of the seat
Mig17- No stick or rudder pedals in the cockpit (just a gray slab). Nothing behind the pilot (I can see through the back of the plane.)
Mig19- pilot is tilted too far back, I can see through the back of the plane.
OV10-Unusual triangle shading on the front window in front of the pilot. Pilot is sitting slightly too low, Gunner is sitting slightly too far forward. (Very beautiful cockpit on this one. Fantastic job.)
OV1A - Rocket pods loose texture when you turn the engines on. Gunner is slightly too far right, he's almost falling out of the plane
Last edited by TrueApothecary on 2011-05-16 08:05:25, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Bug report

Post by Snake Man » 2011-05-16 08:03:41

Hey there, been meaning to ask you where you disappeared :)

Thank you for the feedback, its appreciated.
A1J skyraider - Gunsight looks broken (you can't see through it.
I'll look into it.
A6 - nose on the 3d model does not connect on the bottom
B54- most of the chassis does not connect on the bottom.
Should be easy to fix, haven't checked but I think whats causing it. Cant promise, but at least I'll see what I can do for next release.
Also there is no cockpit configured (But I think this is more of an AI plane anyhow)
Yeah especially B52 and such, there is not much need for nice cockpit. Nobody will be taking this plane to a joyride I imagine. Of course I would like to have cockpit added/fixed, but there is so much more urgent issues to deal with first.
Birddog- Player is tilted back to far, he is sitting through the seat (cockpit gagues are fuzzy)
I noticed this also when playing MP with horror1, wasn't big concern to me if the soldiers back sinks a bit into the seat as long as the hands/legs fit well into the normal "first person cockpit view". But I'll take another look at this too.

Thanks for the list. If you are interested in MP, our server is running 24h/7 with VTE, just filter "pmc" or "vietnam" and you'll find it.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

TrueApothecary
Recruit

Post by TrueApothecary » 2011-05-16 09:28:49

Sorry mate, I hit submit way too soon. I edited the above post (Went through all of the aircraft)

I was just going through the models and pointing out some of the bugs. Not trying to be nit-picky, but it is such a big mod I thought it might help if you have some virgin eyes looking at the stuff.

Some of the SMG's are missing textures or have unusual textures at the moment:
MP40, MP45, MPK, and MPL

Lee enfield and the Kar98 are semi-auto, they should be bolt action

The hush-puppy's sight is a bit oversized

Also the rate of fire on the M60 sounds a bit too fast it should only be around 500 rounds per minute (almost half the of the RPM produced by the Stoner 63)

A lot of the Unit models have traces of EDRL camo on either the collar or between their legs. It looks like traces from the model they were based on.

US Army-Both
ARVN-Both
Australian-Collar (Australian soldiers also have unusual twisting of the neck/back of the head when the head turns all the way left or right).
SF -Leg

SOG and USMC units seem to be missing their (Alpha/Shading?) layer. The layer that adds wrinkles, pockets and small changes to shape.

I would also recommend ditching the rucks. All of the units have various models for their ruck, and some of them warp with the skeleton when the unit runs/moves.

The reason I say ditch them is because Arma2OA recently added backpacks (With working inventories) If you can get those working with the VTE models, you can just use the backpack. The ALICE pack has already been added, also a couple of other old era packs including a pack that holds RPG rockets.

Classname: TK_ALICE_Pack_EP1
Content: Empty
Size: Medium
Color: Olive Drab

Looking for the classname I actually made a full circle back to PMC lol. STALKERGB posted a tutorial on how to add OA Rucks:

http://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arm ... g:backpack

One thing I really hope to see in the mod is some updated vegetation models. A lot of jungle maps that have come out are using Berghoff's African foliage: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8523
Mix that in with some of the PMC trees and vegitation and I think it would add a lot of atmosphere to the VTE maps.

As always, keep up the good work. Real neat stuff you guys are putting out.

(PS, I usually keep an eye out for the server when I log into Arma, but I rarely catch any folks on =\)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-05-16 10:34:17

TrueApothecary wrote:I was just going through the models and pointing out some of the bugs. Not trying to be nit-picky, but it is such a big mod I thought it might help if you have some virgin eyes looking at the stuff.
Of course, I'm very glad you posted.
MP40, MP45, MPK, and MPL
MPK/MPL has just generic texture, MP40 must be just very low quality texture and M45 ... umm need to check that. None of them (and dare I say any VTE models) are missing any textures. They might be very low quality, but no textures are missing.
Lee enfield and the Kar98 are semi-auto, they should be bolt action
Adding the bolt action RTM animations was on my TODO list even for 1.3.10 version but other things were more urgent, would be cool to fix that.
Also the rate of fire on the M60 sounds a bit too fast it should only be around 500 rounds per minute (almost half the of the RPM produced by the Stoner 63)
The config says now: reloadTime = 0.096; // was 0.0708762; restored to ArmA final value now (0.096). I'll try to convert that to rounds per minute and adjust it to be slower. Thanks for pointing it out.
A lot of the Unit models have traces of EDRL camo on either the collar or between their legs. It looks like traces from the model they were based on.
I'm slowly upgrading the textures as my non-existent skills improve, unfortunately this takes bit time. From the beginning of time I've been searching for texturer to help me out, as usual no luck :)
I would also recommend ditching the rucks. All of the units have various models for their ruck, and some of them warp with the skeleton when the unit runs/moves.
I need to recheck, but I believe this is the case with BIS backpacks too...
The reason I say ditch them is because Arma2OA recently added backpacks (With working inventories) If you can get those working with the VTE models, you can just use the backpack. The ALICE pack has already been added, also a couple of other old era packs including a pack that holds RPG rockets.
Looking for the classname I actually made a full circle back to PMC lol.
All roads lead back to PMC ;)

I have already added ALICE, NVA and VC RPG packs and they are working fine. They do slightly warp with the skeleton as you said. They look precisely the same as previously, only now you can use the packs through gear menu, drop and pick them up. I really like this feature, I cant wait for those LRRP missions deep into jungle ;)
One thing I really hope to see in the mod is some updated vegetation models. A lot of jungle maps that have come out are using Berghoff's African foliage:
But what I recall his vegetation (the jungle parts) are just BIS sahrani palms and those banana trees. To me honestly, I am disgusted by the sahrani look in them, but that is because sahrani just is so awful in my opinion.
Mix that in with some of the PMC trees and vegitation and I think it would add a lot of atmosphere to the VTE maps.
The ArmA models are of course ready to be used, it would be 5+ min job to add them, but I never have considered it due what I said above.

Well is it then better to run OFP low quality vegetation? No, hehe but... well, you know, its complicated :o

One of the big tasks in my TODO list is to upgrade the vegetation on my own, either by modeling everything on my own or taking suitable parts of ArmA 2 vegetation with the knowledge I can gain from there (I have not really done any vegetation modeling before).
(PS, I usually keep an eye out for the server when I log into Arma, but I rarely catch any folks on =\)
We should arrange a time to join there, I'll try to adjust my playing time to late euro, early US (eastcoast) time. But easiest of course is to post here on forum or PM to me when anyone wants to play. The good thing in my personal schedule is that; if you guys want to play, just tell me the time and I'll be on the server! :)

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

TrueApothecary
Recruit

Post by TrueApothecary » 2011-05-16 19:05:04

MP40, MP45, MPK, and MPL
MPK/MPL has just generic texture, MP40 must be just very low quality texture and M45 ... umm need to check that. None of them (and dare I say any VTE models) are missing any textures. They might be very low quality, but no textures are missing.
Sorry, I didn't mean missing as in white, I meant placeholder textures. They didn't seem to fit on the gun.
The config says now: reloadTime = 0.096; // was 0.0708762; restored to ArmA final value now (0.096). I'll try to convert that to rounds per minute and adjust it to be slower. Thanks for pointing it out.
Actually I think Arma 2 has the M60 now. It also has the M16 20 round and 30 round magazines, M14 magazines (the gun has a red dot sight though, saddly), and of coarse Lee Enfield, AK47's 74's RPK, RPG, PRK, ect.
I'm slowly upgrading the textures as my non-existent skills improve, unfortunately this takes bit time. From the beginning of time I've been searching for texturer to help me out, as usual no luck :)
If I can ever figure out how to do a simple texture I'll help out, been working on civilians with no luck
I have already added ALICE, NVA and VC RPG packs and they are working fine. They do slightly warp with the skeleton as you said. They look precisely the same as previously, only now you can use the packs through gear menu, drop and pick them up. I really like this feature, I cant wait for those LRRP missions deep into jungle ;)
Ah, very neat
One thing I really hope to see in the mod is some updated vegetation models. A lot of jungle maps that have come out are using Berghoff's African foliage:
But what I recall his vegetation (the jungle parts) are just BIS sahrani palms and those banana trees. To me honestly, I am disgusted by the sahrani look in them, but that is because sahrani just is so awful in my opinion.
I never played Sahrani, but I don't get a cartoon vibe from these plants. Check out the Lingor, MBG Nam, or Razoraya maps, They do a better job of showing off the models than the .jpgs of the models on armaholic. They have a much better polygon count, LOD drawing, and texture details.
The ArmA models are of course ready to be used, it would be 5+ min job to add them, but I never have considered it due what I said above.

Well is it then better to run OFP low quality vegetation? No, hehe but... well, you know, its complicated :o
The big killer of the maps is the main big trunk tree =\. It looks like it's served from OFP. It kinda needs to retire.
We should arrange a time to join there, I'll try to adjust my playing time to late euro, early US (eastcoast) time. But easiest of course is to post here on forum or PM to me when anyone wants to play. The good thing in my personal schedule is that; if you guys want to play, just tell me the time and I'll be on the server! :)
Sure. I've been making headway in the editor learning the scripting language. I'm still learning how to make efficient MP missions.

Supergrunt
Recruit
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: GET IN ...... as ....... (driver / cargo)

Post by Supergrunt » 2011-05-20 10:58:33

i have been over the whole GET IN bug but it seems to still be a VTE problem , all other mods (hundreds of them) disabled and only VTE stil wont alow me to get in any car / truck (the humvee with guns do work but i first have to get in as gunner then i get in to the driver seat) when i disable VTE i dont have the problem anymore (with and without all my hundreds of mods active) so please look in to this.

Arma 2 CO updated to the latest version and the latest version of vte (yessss i mean that latest version ;)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Re: Bug report v1.3.10

Post by Snake Man » 2011-05-20 11:38:24

Its fixed now.

VTE_air - no offending configs.
VTE_arty - no offending configs.
VTE_land - class LandVehicle: Land, config added VTE specific get-in points. <- this is fixed now.
VTE_sea - no offending configs.

Issue is fixed on upcoming public release. If you join me for some MP, I can give you the updated vte_land_cfg.pbo right now :lol:

PMC since 1984

Supergrunt
Recruit
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: Bug report v1.3.10

Post by Supergrunt » 2011-05-20 13:38:45

wel in several seconds i am comming online

damn to late :p

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”