VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

banana
2nd Lt

My VTE story (Screenshots)

Post by banana » 2010-09-06 15:39:45

I have played the full VTE version today. Here is my story:

I'm Chack Lee, and I'm war reporter.
Armed with my 53mm camera I shot those images.

My goal was to destroy 2 vietnamese ships, as they were smuggling weapons which were obviously for nothing good.
My squad consisted of 9 people, RTO to keep contact with the base, MG gunner, medic, everything was represented.

As we were flying through the hills and villages of Dak Seank, the helicopter pilot suddenly stopped and unloaded us. Enemy
RPG danger, we were too deep into their terrain already.
So we got out and continued our way on foot.

We got into a lot of firefights and nearly lost the overhand but we had one big advantage on our side: The EX-41
grenade launcher.
More effective than the M79, we managed it to scatter the enemy and split them up.
I don't call it EX-41 no more, I call it lifesaver.

The soldier on the front is having the EX-41.

On our way to the small boats we encountered nothing special no more and then we saw the boats. A few
well aimed shots of our 90mm recoilless launcher sank them all.
A few weapons were still on land, waiting to get loaded into the ships. We put a C4 charge on it and activated it.

Then we went to our evacuation point and we were greeted by the welcoming sounds of four OH1 bird dogs.

At the end of the day, that was a tense and dangerous but also successful operation.

Who could have known, that our fight in Hue city, trying to hold of the TET offensive, would become much more
devastating...to us.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”