Vehicle Radio Player

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Bigpickle
Recruit

Vehicle Radio Player

Post by Bigpickle » 2010-06-21 12:35:20

Hey all,
This may have been already done, if so can someone please link me. Thank you.

Is it possible to build a Vehicles Radio Player mod, where anyone in the said vehicle can hear the music playing chosen by the driver/pilot etc, kinda like BF Vietnam had, with a linked folder where you can place your tunes.

For some reason I got it into my head its been done with Arma 1, but i could be wrong

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Vehicle Radio Player

Post by Snake Man » 2010-06-21 13:54:51

We don't have vehicle radio player, but that's good idea. If it can be easily and transparently configured & scripted, then yes of course such thing would be very nice as we have many good music tracks.

I'm not sure how it would play out in multiplayer, if one person plays Rolling Stones and another CCR... is that possible so is it client only or global sound for everyone in the vehicle?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Bigpickle
Recruit

Post by Bigpickle » 2010-06-21 15:58:20

I have no idea, global would be the way forward so all vehicle occupants could hear the songs, and give only the driver the option for radio and no one else.

Client only is very simple tho, just not as interactive in terms of a shared experience.

Here's a client side mod I found which can have choppers etc included into the vehicle list.
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php? ... ns&id=1015
It works fine just a case of following instructions.

Like i said how to make it a global vehicle radio type of thing we all occupants can hear it is anyones guess, but i thought I'd throw out the idea.

If you do figure it out and make one, it would be cool to have it as a seperate mod so that it could be incorperated into any mission/game type etc.

Peopleonfire
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Peopleonfire » 2010-12-10 22:13:45

I'm not a great coder by any stretch of the imagination but I suppose you could make a global radio system the same way you would make a sound emitter or triggered sound, or perhaps even with the vehicle noises

GrunT
Recruit
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: None of the above, I don't edit...

Post by GrunT » 2010-12-18 13:59:08

Radio music for vehicles would make vte missions fackin sweet...and if you had in your squad a radio comms soldier on those long patrols you as officer can order him to turn up tunes...! but with loud music "enemy vc" hears the noise and homes in on your location now the firefight beggins, :shock:

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”