Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Uglyboy
2nd Lt
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2 and OFP.
Editing Interests: Modeling

Better PR/advertisment?

Post by Uglyboy » 2009-11-07 15:58:06

I was going to post this anyway and then i saw this by snake man:
I was totally thinking that PMC releases wont get any notice because people just don't like them etc
No, it's not. A lot of people would LOVE the stuff you guys do here, they just don't realize that YOU ARE HERE :(
Think about that discussion on the BI forum about BHD, none was aware of your work on PMC somalia there, not even me that i follow this forums since ArmA1 VTE first Alpha :oops: i totally miss that. I know you snake man don't like "all the mess" there is on the BI forums, but it's a real pity that all this goes under the radar, for A1 VTE there was a thread on the BI forums, people were interested, but since people are lazy and you were posting all the good stuff here, even attention over VTE faded out, because people never looked here ( and when UNSUNG came people were saying " yuuu finally a vietnam mod " :cry: ). I was checking this forum ( ArmA 1 ) every couple days and i DL every single patch for VTE and even enjoyed reading the full changelog :mrgreen:
Oh and the most enjoyable MP coop play i EVER had was on the VTE server, with good chaps, riding in hueys, listening to 70" Stones, but there were few nights that there was ppl in the VTE server and no Evo NO domination will give me that feelings back :cry: that's because not many people know about your work.
In my opinion you understimate your own work, make a thread on the A2 addons discussion forum, list the thing you've done in the past, post a couple of good screens and you'll see if people are really not interested :lol:
Like i said people are lazy, let them know about this. It truly deserve more attention

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Better PR/advertisment?

Post by Snake Man » 2009-11-07 17:44:18

Uglyboy wrote:Think about that discussion on the BI forum about BHD, none was aware of your work on PMC somalia there, not even me that i follow this forums since ArmA1 VTE first Alpha
Wow. Just out of curiosity, how do you read these forums, do you use the New posts or active topics links on the top, or just read those areas that interest you?

Still either way, you must have seen the two somalia areas here as they are visible when coming to the index of forum :)
you were posting all the good stuff here, even attention over VTE faded out, because people never looked here
But certainly nobody would be interested of reading this soap opera I write here on the never ending developer diary and similar topics? :)
even enjoyed reading the full changelog
Hehe, thats the first time I hear someone saying they actually read those things :D
In my opinion you understimate your own work, make a thread on the A2 addons discussion forum, list the thing you've done in the past, post a couple of good screens and you'll see if people are really not interested
I havent put too much thought to it yet, but general idea was to post into BIS ArmA 2 areas only when the Nov 14th release happens. Maybe we can use that addon&mods: complete topic then to discuss VTE stuff, dunno if it would be appropriate to open addons&mods: discussion topic on the side for the upcoming full release.

Anyhow... thanks for your post, I rarely see something like this nowadays, surely was real pleasure to see such post when I came straight out of VTE ArmA editing session.

Thanks man.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Uglyboy
2nd Lt

Post by Uglyboy » 2009-11-07 20:19:53

Probably i read sometimes PMC somalia here a long time ago ( yeah i usually went straight to VTE section from the board intex ) but that day on the BI topic i though " really? PMC Somalia? :shock: " :mrgreen:

Personally i think the best course of action would be to write a thread in the discussion forum now, annuncing that VTE is alive, telling what's going on ( list of featured unit, weapons, vehicles etc, few screens ) and say about the 14th november release ( uh is only 1 week away, can't wait :P ) this thread should be used for discussing future features and such. On 14th november a topic on the complete forum to release all this stuff and for bug reporting ( hopefully none 8-) ) .

So:
Addons Complete ---> VTE V: x.xx: release and bugtracking ( if you want i can copy and paste every single "real" bug report on this board so you can focus over editing :D )
Addon Discussion ----> Vietnam The Experience: discussion and future release features

Anyway keep up the good work, can't wait to read more changelog :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Anyhow... thanks for your post, I rarely see something like this nowadays, surely was real pleasure to see such post when I came straight out of VTE ArmA editing session.
My pleasure man, i know there are lot of people out there that think the same :)

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Post by T_Rex » 2009-11-09 14:52:37

Yeah, I'm not sure why PMC doesn't get more attention, too.

Might be worth reaching out to some of the online squads to see if they'd be willing to betatest work in development? Also, videos can help, I think, to show people what they are getting.

Otherwise, just keep doing what you're doing. :)

Build it, and they will come. :D
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

Uglyboy
2nd Lt

Post by Uglyboy » 2009-11-13 14:11:11

Since the release is tomorrow and since i care a lot about this mod :oops: may i remember you a couple of things when you will write the thread on the BI forums ( i assume ):
- Be sure to list the future plans precisely ( no further release date if you don't have one, but WHAT further release ( hopefully ) will bring )
- Be sure to say that VTE mod is looking for modeler/texturer/scripter help whatsoever, i'd bet someone will answer
- Of course provide links here :D
I'm sure you already got that covered, but no harm remembering it :o

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-11-13 18:47:12

Thanks. I'll try to remember those. It is indeed important to make clear that the first release is just a demo/lite/preview version and the following release will be the full normal one.

I have no illusions that anyone seriously would join to help editing, but it doesn't cost me anything to write it on the post so I'll do it. The cold hard facts are that Vietnam mod is not so popular that people would like to help out.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”