First steps to ArmA 2

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

First steps to ArmA 2

Post by Snake Man » 2009-06-07 03:57:33

I took a very (read, VERY) brief look of VTE in ArmA 2 already. I did not follow through it, I just dropped it to the mod dir with basic config edits, I thought to give it a shot. It did not run as there were too many missing this and that errors.

Right now the way I see it, we are missing many textures/rvmats for the soldier models which are referenced from ca\characters. We miss many terrain objects which are referenced mostly from ca\buildings. There was I believe some CfgVoices changes too, but that is very trivial and can be removed without further thought.

All I'm saying is, that because VTE is such a monster sized mod, we need to plan carefully the design how to make it, I wont be editing for two weeks straight only then to discover that oh I should have done this the other way around and start again, no way man.

Oh and I made stand alone M16A1 addon already, to test how the weapon porting works. It was pretty easy to get it working ingame. I cant say if it looked better or not, this screenshot is way too dark.

PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”