WRP file

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Big_Ben
Recruit

WRP file

Post by Big_Ben » 2006-10-25 02:33:53

While placeing certain types foilage I came across something I have never seen. I placed a rock addon on a new map from another wrp file, that was a different map altogether, but had to include that wrp for the texture to be on the rock in game. That's not a big deal, but does it matter if I have more than 1 wrp file in the pbo when it's all said and done? My guess is no, but the addon needs the texture to be able to have textures in game. Everything was de-pboed, and is in the right place. I tried to leave the wrp file out of the pbo, but in game it has no textures. I tried to make a separate folder to put the p3d file pac, and paa file, but still no texture. The only way I got it to work was to put the wrp file in the folder of the map I'm working on along with the wrp file of my map. I hope I didn't confuse anyone. I was confused just writing this....

Snake_Man

Re: WRP file

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-10-25 03:32:23

I placed a rock addon on a new map from another wrp file, that was a different map altogether, but had to include that wrp for the texture to be on the rock in game.
No, the model + textures comes from the addon pbo, not from the wrp file. Wrp file wont store the actual models and textures, just info that it uses some models and some textures.

Hope I was clear with that :)
does it matter if I have more than 1 wrp file in the pbo when it's all said and done?
Umm, No.

But PLEASE do not put other wrp's into your island pbo because thats just stupid, its the one thing WrpTool Manual will instruct to people, do not include anything in your island & release which is not necessary.

You do not need to add the another island's wrp into your own islands pbo. Please be smart and dont do it.
I tried to make a separate folder to put the p3d file pac, and paa file, but still no texture.
Thats because the model (p3d) will reference to this texture on different directory. Like <addonname>filename.ext

You cannot extract just the rock from the another island/addon pbo because you lose the directory path to the texture (well, unless you create your own pbo with the same name but thats just crazy).
The only way I got it to work was to put the wrp file in the folder of the map I'm working on along with the wrp file of my map.
Can you tell me what island is it where you use the rock model?