Placing City Names

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Big_Ben
Recruit

Placing City Names

Post by Big_Ben » 2006-09-23 07:23:23

I've been using WrpTool for some time now, but I have never been able to get the city names in game. I used the view tab, and then the names. I got the names on the map and then I saved it and then tested it, but no joy there. My wrp file is in the worlds folder, and my pbo has the world icon image and the config . It's the basic example that came with WrpTool. I even tried to export the names and then save it, but that causes a crash. So I just resaved it without exporting. I did a search for city names, and read every single title for all the posts here, and didn't find an answer. Can someone help me plz?

Snake_Man

Re: Placing City Names

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-09-23 07:35:54

I've been using WrpTool for some time now, but I have never been able to get the city names in game.
How to use the Map Position Names is explained in the WrpTool manual page 76, did you read that?
I even tried to export the names and then save it, but that causes a crash.
WrpTool is crashing on save after you export the names?

Big_Ben
Recruit

Post by Big_Ben » 2006-09-23 08:00:05

Page 76 is the 2nd page of the Wilbur Island Creation Tutorial.
Yes it crashes every time I use the export tab then save, but if I go back and save it as a normal save it works fine. I printed the manual and have it out with me just in case I need a reference. I'm updated too. It tells on page 76 to raise and round & 50x50 Tool. Printed is shows the pic and a 4 line paragrapgh. I hope it didn't change where it is after it was printed. I'll look at the PDF again.

I just checked again to be sure. The verision is 0.950, and the manual I have is dated Dec 5 2003 verision 2.7 . The online version only tells me that my manual is up to date.

Oh, and thanks for a quick relpy. I'm trying to do some late night working on a map. ;)

Big_Ben
Recruit

Post by Big_Ben » 2006-09-23 08:38:04

After reading the manual that I printed and checking it with the PDF manual it was the same, so I took a wild guess, and dl the manual again to see if I had a bad copy....And I did. There were pictures and loads of text that were not in the printed version. I only had 86 pages and the PDF has 124! Thanks for your help, but now having all the info to my orig post....does it matter where to copy and past it?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-11-04 09:46:08

does it matter where to copy and past it?
Sorry to miss your post. Better late than never.

Take the MyIsland.txt (as descriped in the manual) and paste the contents somewhere in ihe class MyIslandName {<like>}; part. Ok difficult to explain so let me quote you WrpTool Example 12km config directly;

Code: Select all

class CfgPatches {
      class wrptool_12km {
            units[] = {};
            weapons[] = {};
            worlds[] = {wrptool_12km};
            requiredVersion = 1.91;
      };
};

class CfgWorlds {
      class DefaultWorld {};
      class Intro : DefaultWorld {};
      class wrptool_12km : Intro {
            access = 3;
            description = "WrpTool 12km";
            icon = "wrptool_12km_wrptool_12km.paa";
            worldName = "wrptool_12km.wrp";
            cutscenes[] = {"..addonswrptool_12km_animsintro"};

<PASTE>

};
};

class CfgWorldList {
      class wrptool_12km {};
};
There. Hope that helps. Your question is good and next WrpTool manual will have this question covered, so thank you for helping out :)

Big_Ben
Recruit

Post by Big_Ben » 2006-11-09 03:55:50

WOW!!! Thank you SOO much!!! This greatly helps me out! Hey you never know until you read first....read first, then ask...I don't know if it will help the vet's out, but it could be very useful when ArmA is released. I can't wait to make high quality islands/planets with this tool for ArmA when it's all ready. Thank you again!

P.S.
It is better late than never ;)