WrpTool and VBS1 problems

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

rvirding
Recruit

WrpTool and VBS1 problems

Post by rvirding » 2006-08-30 15:23:25

I have had some problems when using Wrptool to build islands for VBS1.

The first one is that my Wrptool (0.95) does not seem to be able to use the ground textures from VBS1, even those that originally came from OFP. When I try to add them to the texture browser I just get a "divide by zero" error. In both cases the textures are 512x512 paa files and I can inspect them in pantools and texView. The files are different however. Copying over the OFP textures seems so wrong, and probably illegal as well if you are using VBS1 commercially.

In the VBS community forum the is a thread discussing VBS1 and Wrptool but that has focussed on aligning forest triangles. http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/foru ... opic=111.0 I managed to get this to work, sort of, and just have to dig my solution.

Snake_Man

Re: WrpTool and VBS1 problems

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-08-30 20:00:39

not seem to be able to use the ground textures from VBS1, even those that originally came from OFP.
Well there you go, if you cannot use even OFP textures, then you got a problem. Perhaps try installing WrpTool again?
VBS community forum the is a thread discussing VBS1 and Wrptool but that has focussed on aligning forest triangles. http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/foru ... opic=111.0
That forum of course needs registration so I cannot read it. Dunno if the registration is normal system, or just for people who actually bought vbs1.

rvirding
Recruit

Post by rvirding » 2006-08-30 20:18:29

not seem to be able to use the ground textures from VBS1, even those that originally came from OFP.
Well there you go, if you cannot use even OFP textures, then you got a problem. Perhaps try installing WrpTool again?
That was me being unclear, the OFP textures I can read without problems, but the VBS1 textures cause a divide-by-zero error.

I think the VBS community site is for normal people, BIA VBS forum is for people who have bought VBS.

rvirding
Recruit

Post by rvirding » 2006-08-31 11:51:48

A reply from the VBS community thread said that it was a problem with the textures and that by loading/saving them in texview it workd fine afterwards. But if the game can read them why can't Wrptool?