WrpTool Error, Object Replacement

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

BlackDogPeterburg

WrpTool Error, Object Replacement

Post by BlackDogPeterburg » 2006-04-16 07:22:53

Well im completely new to WrpTool, i read the manual and i am stuck trying to replace objects on an island:

Well im just trying to get into Islnd making of some sort. Well basically what im trying to do is change the objects on an island with other objects, my problem is that when i click change selected or change all it comes up with this message:

Access Violation at address 0040F4E6 in module "wrptool.exe". Read of address 0000005C

and only a few objects are changed (one or two) while the majority of objects remain the same as before.

dose anybody have any ideas what im doing wrong or have done wrong?

thanks

Edit: after looking at other posts im going to try and work this out myself, i must have made a mistake in the installation somewhere.
Last edited by BlackDogPeterburg on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Re: WrpTool Error, Object Replacement

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-16 08:18:31

Edit: after looking at other posts im going to try and work this out myself, i must have made a mistake in the installation somewhere.
Indeed, its WrpTools way to tell you that you've got an faulty install when it gives access violation :)

Try to make the install right, take your time to read the manual installation instructions. Then it should work without errors. Let us know how it turns out.

BlackDogPeterburg

Post by BlackDogPeterburg » 2006-04-16 10:47:02

Thanks for the reply, i have it all set up properly now (data3d in the right place) the error i think is caused by the fact that i am trying to use Berghoffs nature pack 4, i still get the error.

I have it all set up like this:

L:BISData3d
L:BISBRG_N4
L:BISWrpTool

all the objects from data3d show up without the P3D with a cross through it in the Objects Brouser
All of the objects in BRG_N4 all show up with the P3D sign with the cross through

have I put this addon in the wrong place (they are all unpbo'd)

also they are all under the "Unknown" section in the Objects Brouser if that makes any constolation

[edit]
it's because these models are in MLOD format. WrpTool can't display them in the editor and thus you only see a blue rectangle.

So it's not your fault, it's Berghoff's
Last edited by BlackDogPeterburg on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-16 11:19:34

All of the objects in BRG_N4 all show up with the P3D sign with the cross through
Perhaps they are all MLOD models? Wrptool only reads binarized ie ODOL models.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-16 11:20:37

Uh my slow reply preview/post. Nevermind then, you figured it out.

BlackDogPeterburg

Post by BlackDogPeterburg » 2006-04-16 20:20:16

yes you are correct they are mlods, I will binarize them.

If i binarize them in my main route directory (still in the L:BisBRG_4 folder but binarized) will it have any effect on whether the actual nature pack PBO which is in my Addons folder will work properlly on my island?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-16 23:14:06

will it have any effect on whether the actual nature pack PBO which is in my Addons folder will work properlly on my island?
No, they are basically the same thing, ODOL is the "optimized/compressed" model, should work just the same.

Dont worry, binarizing is a good thing.

BlackDogPeterburg

Post by BlackDogPeterburg » 2006-04-17 05:43:04

Thanks alot youve been a great help :D