Even more forest problems...

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

jb
Recruit

Even more forest problems...

Post by jb » 2006-03-18 01:56:05

I know this is quite a popular problem, and i have read quite a few posts on the subject but I havnt seen anything solving this particlur one.

I have an island (vbs) that is about 85-90% complete, I am now going arond basically checking all forests etc fit to ground and I have no `floaters`. Unfortunately I have quite a few of them and only a few have been fixed with the already given solutions like selecting object, unchecking fit to ground box, set Y value to 0 and re-check fit to ground box, click apply.

I have also tried setting the Y value to -10,-20,-30 etc. but when I view the island the forest still has bieces that are floating.

The above fixes seem to take care of the trees themsleves, but bushes always seem to float even on very flat ground (see pic below)

I started using single trees and bushes to fill areas where I just couldnt get a forest to fit but its now become ridiculous as most are not fitting correctly. Its quite annoying as my island is a fairly foresty island, and at least one block is not fitting to ground in every forest area I have placed.

Does anyone have alternate fixes, I will try anything to get the bushes themselves to fit, I have tried the region tool to center the the forest in the grid but its either not working or im doing it wrong.

Any help is very, very much appreciated as this is the only thing stopping my island from being released.

BTW I am using the this in the config to replace forest, it is a direct copy of a config from Buggs so I am 100% sure it is ok

class ReplaceObjects
{
class ForestSquarePine
{
replace="T1Dles ctverec.p3d";
with[]={"T1Dles_nw_jehl_T1.p3d","T1Dles_nw_jehl_T2.p3d"};
center="true";
};
class ForesttrianglePine
{
replace="Data3Dles trojuhelnik pruchozi.p3d";
with[]={"T1Dles_nw_jehl_trojuhelnik.p3d"};
};
class ForestSquare
{
replace="Data3DForest_Clear.p3d";
with[]={"Data3dsS_ClTree_T1.p3d","Data3dsS_ClTree_T2.p3d"};
center="true";

best regards

John

Snake_Man

Re: Even more forest problems...

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-03-18 02:17:16

Yep as I've said before, I wouldn't know as I dont have vbs1.

jb
Recruit

Post by jb » 2006-03-18 03:08:57

Ahh, yes I realise that snake_man,

But I was hoping someone would have maybe some idea as to a fix for ofp/vbs1.

I woudn not have asked here but If i asked this question on the vbs1 forums the first answer probably be "have you tried the PMC site?"

sorry to trouble you

John

Gnat
1st Lt

Post by Gnat » 2006-03-18 03:32:33

How you tried the island in OFP yet ?
Have you made the SIMPLEST test island to test in OFP and VBS using the suspect objects in question?

If it works in OFP and doesnt in VBS, then theres your answer.
If the test island works in OFP and VBS, then its your project that has the problem.

jb
Recruit

Post by jb » 2006-03-18 03:48:57

I have afew test island where the forest square works, many of the forest squares work ok on this island, just most dont.

The island wouldnt work `as is` in ofp because of the replace object lines in the configuration so its a bit pointless trying it in OFP.

there are islands in VBS that use the forest square so im pretty sure its not the object itself

and if it DID work in OFP and VBS and it was my project that has a problem (which I think it is ) then what would you suggest I did?

thanks

John
Last edited by jb on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

W0lle
Recruit

Post by W0lle » 2006-03-23 06:48:17

Hi JB

I had the same problem with my islands released for VBS but with the forest triangles and only if the terrain is very steep. Forest squares that doesn't fit to ground is new to me and in the picture the terrain is pretty flat.

Have you tried to remove the class ReplaceObjects section in the config and replace the objects in WrpTool instead?

Not sure if it helps but worth an attempt.

Also try to remove the "data3d" from the paths. e.g.

class ForestSquare
{
replace="Forest_Clear.p3d";
with[]={"sS_ClTree_T1.p3d","sS_ClTree_T2.p3d"};
center="true";
};

I remember I was working on some project before where I had problems with the addon when the path had data3d in it. Just can't remember what project it was, have too many of them lol. But was definitely a VBS addon I was working at.

Hope that helps becaue I finally want to see your project "live" :-)

jb
Recruit

Post by jb » 2006-03-24 17:36:52

Many thanks W0lle,

I will give that a try - im willing to do almost anything at this stage :'(

:D

cheers

John

*EDIT*

Didnt work mate - I just keep getting "model XXX.p3d not found (magic)" errors

never mind- it was worth a try
Last edited by jb on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.