Divide/merge parts of the island

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

bdfy

Divide/merge parts of the island

Post by bdfy » 2005-11-17 11:36:40

I wonder if there's a tool that lets user divide island into several parts and after all part are finished merge them together ?
It would be nice to have such a possibility cause in this way
-you can delegate part of the work to another men
-island editing will become less luggy thus faster and more comfortable.

So is this possible ?

P.S.: I saw an island that consists from all four standart ones... - I wonder how it was made ?

P.P.S I was forwarded here from ofpec.com
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?b ... adid=26359

Snake_Man

Re: Divide/merge parts of the island

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-11-17 16:43:45

I wonder if there's a tool that lets user divide island into several parts and after all part are finished merge them together ?
Yes, its called WrpTool. You can download it from the official WrpTool page in our web site.
-you can delegate part of the work to another men
Yep this is what I wrote to the WrpTool manual.
-island editing will become less luggy thus faster and more comfortable.
I dont think its worth the effort for more "lag-free" editing, actually I dont believe WrpTool even lags on 51km island once its loaded all the objects.
I saw an island that consists from all four standart ones... - I wonder how it was made ?
It was made with WrpTool by me and I used the WRP Export/Import functions. Check the WrpTool download and manual, its all there.

bdfy

Post by bdfy » 2005-11-17 23:28:36

Thanks for quick reply ;)
Nice feature - 10x that pointed me at help file.
I dont think its worth the effort for more "lag-free" editing, actually I dont believe WrpTool even lags on 51km island once its loaded all the objects.
I don't know what is the problem but editing in WRptool is a bit luggy for me (my comp: WinXP SP1,A1700,512RAM,R9600, latest wrptool 0.950)... I thought divivding the island may help , but looks like it doesn't.. :( Entire island is only 256x256.
Placing trees, bushes is uncomfortable in this way :( Copying several dozens of bushes hangs wrptool up to dozen of second and can even crash the tool :( See error screen.
http://slil.ru/22462841
a friend of mine also have such problems (and he has 1024Mb of RAM ) :(

Also I have feature request for future versions:
1. It would be nice to have ability to fil selected areas with selected types of bushes, trees in random way... Cause it's a bit monotonous work at the moment... :) I imagine it like a dialogue in which user can select density of filing , types of plants and object popularity in percents.

2. It would be nice to have preview and object placingmoving in 3D lke in Visitor... I wonder if it's possible...
Last edited by bdfy on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-11-18 00:22:58

1. It would be nice to have ability to fil selected areas with selected types of bushes, trees in random way...
Thats called Region Tool, check the manual for details. In fact, take the time and read the manual completely through, I'll bet you'll be amazed to find whats in there especially if you're new island builder guy.

bdfy

Post by bdfy » 2005-11-18 17:09:27

Thats called Region Tool, check the manual for details.
Nice feature. But looks like it's still not perfect :) Can list of objects be saved/loaded ?it's annoying to fil it everytime for different types of nature... ;)