Mapfact Military Objects Pack..

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

jb
Recruit

Mapfact Military Objects Pack..

Post by jb » 2005-10-03 02:22:45

I have done a search regarding my problem but unfortunately I can not find an answer so asking is my only option :)

I am creating a small island ( 128x128 ) for VBS1, I have been tring for a few days now to get the sandbags in the Mapfact Military Objects Pack to `stack` at a certain height. In the pack there are the designated NFG sandbags that should be able to stack ontop of one another to create sangars and defensive positions etc. Only problem is that even though i managed to get the sandbags to stack in wrptool, when i view my island ingame they have all fit themselves to ground again?

Is there a known problem that this pack will not work correctly within wrptool, does it only work if items are placed via the editor?

Thanks in advance

JB
Last edited by jb on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Re: Mapfact Military Objects Pack..

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-03 09:35:11

Is there a known problem that this pack will not work correctly within wrptool
I have never used this pack before, but I can try it out to verify one way or the another. Was it the JOF_objects_something pack?

If not, can you provide me a link for it so I can try it out, thanks.

jb
Recruit

Post by jb » 2005-10-03 13:54:43

Heres a d/l link my friend:

http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.4200

please note I am using the converted OFP to VBS1 pack.

I thought maybe I was doing it all wrong but buggs told me initially he had the same probs but never pursued further.

W0lle
Recruit

Post by W0lle » 2005-10-03 14:55:59

Hello JB

you could have asked me that in the VBS forum, that's why I have a topic there for that addon ;)

I tried it too earlier today because I thought by myself maybe JB forgot to disable the fit-to-ground checkmark which is easy to forget but nope, same problem here. They look perfect in the preview but in OFP/VBS all sandbags are on the ground.

There's no problem with the converted pack, the sandbag models are not modified because they don't use textures from OFP at all.
So it's a generic problem with setting them in WrpTool I think.

You could contact the author of the addon, he might have a solution. You find his email is in the original readme of your VBS Version. :)

jb
Recruit

Post by jb » 2005-10-03 15:07:25

Cheers W0lle,

Like I said I asked buggs about this who had tried it in VBS himself and had no luck, so I thought I would try here - at the source of wrptool itself.

The next job on my list was to contact Mapfact regarding the problem, although if they fix the OFP version it means a bit more work for you to convert over to VBS1 again ;)

Thanks everyone for the replys :)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-03 15:37:40

I have just tried the sandbags out, indeed they are fit to ground all the time.

Now I have no real "knowhow" on this but I believe the sandbags are regarded as Fences as in oxygen they have the Surface "Keep height (fence)" option ticked on. If I understand this correctly, in the p3d this means OFP always will fit this object to the ground, no matter how high its on the WRP file (where WrpTool placed it).

Again as a conclusion in my utterly speculation thinking; WrpTool places them correctly in the WRP file, but OFP sees them as fances and fits them tightly to the ground.

I'm hoping someone with more experience and knowledge will correct me (if I'm wrong).

jb
Recruit

Post by jb » 2005-10-03 15:58:01

Thanks snake_man - you have shed more light on the matter ;)

I think maybe I will have to make my own custom ones :-/
Last edited by jb on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

sniping-jack
Recruit

Post by sniping-jack » 2005-12-22 08:00:24

Hey Guys!

The Problem isn't the Sandbag and it isn't the "keep heigt" Feature that causes problems.

The only problem is that you never, never, never can set any center of object above the ground.
You can set it under the ground, that's possible. But you can't raise any object in WrpTool.

But we know the problem and maybe we think about a special variant for Wrptool in our next update we are just working for. But on the other hand i think the sandbags should be only a editor feature and not a hard mounted object on an island.

So stay tuned on Mapfact.net to read further reports about the update progress on Mapfact.
Flashpoint_K, LockheedMartin$ and me will bring up a kompletely update for every static pack like the Baracks, Mil_Objects and the Airport-Addon. It will bring a better handling for WrpTool and in fact a better performance to you.

But be patient, we just startet our progress so it will take at least a couple of weeks.
A look behind could save your life...

jb
Recruit

Post by jb » 2006-03-14 07:19:12

Thats good news sniping-jack :)

I needed the sandbags permanent and not placed via editor because im making a semi-prepared OBUA village so the sandbags would be present all the time, not just ata mission editors/users preference.