Problem with module starting WRPTOOL

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

jabo

Problem with module starting WRPTOOL

Post by jabo » 2005-08-23 18:43:19

Hi,first of all i want to apologyse about my poor english.

Last days Im very interested on island editing, previously i had some experience with wilbur and wrpedit, and now I wnt to try with wrptool,which everybody speaks very well about it.

But I have encountered a annoying problems since the program starts, it shows an error message saying "No se puede encontrar el modulo especificado" (im spanish, then i suppose this message comes from OS, and translated, this means this: "Can´t find the speficied module"). Then the program can be run, but all goes bad; i modify the settings to the correct path and when press OK received this message "Kein aktives Dokument". Following this, when loading a map of any type, I got multiple errors on textures (all paths were put OK) and appears "Please Wait",the cursor becomes a thinking sandclock,but the system does nothing.

I´ve tried to reinstall many times, download from various locations, no other program running on my PC....i dont know what to do now. I expect to have explain my problem well.

thanks to all for make this possible.
FFAA Mod Sgt. Jabo
Cuando las ganas de joder aprietan...ni los culos de los muertos se respetan!

Snake_Man

Re: Problem with module starting WRPTOOL

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-08-24 00:11:50

Well I dont know, especially with foreign languange errors. I'd recommend you take your time with the manual and very very carefully follow the installation instructions when installing WrpTool.

Dschulle
Captain

Post by Dschulle » 2005-08-24 08:50:29

Please note which Hw + OS you use.

Gnat
1st Lt

Post by Gnat » 2005-08-24 10:37:14

jabo

Post by jabo » 2005-08-24 16:27:31

I´ve tried all the possibles configs to install wrptool, making it as same as showed me GNAT and it don´t works. I have now WRPTOOL in this path: C:WRPTOOL, with all the components that refers the manual inside.

TO DSCHULLE, my PC is:
PIV 2.9 GHz, 120gb HD, ATI RADEON 9800,512mb RAM
OS: WINDOWS XP PROFESIONAL (spanish language), no any other programs running at time with wrptool, only Norton AV2004.

I´m an experienced editor of OFP and usually works with all programs, many of yours, and never had a problem of this type.

I put here a capture , hope this can help you a little. ???
I´m connecting to your IRC channel now, I think it must be easiest there to solve the problem.
[img]http://www.mtpstudios.net/images/gallery/error2.jpg
[/img]
Thanks you all
Jabo

Dschulle
Captain

Post by Dschulle » 2005-08-25 13:22:36

Is the pac2pal.dll (from Oxygen) in your wrptool directory?

jabo

Post by jabo » 2005-09-05 20:03:19

I haven´t this file on wrptool folder, i took the oxygen´s one and put him on folder, but the problem persists.

Excuse me for the delay replying, i was on holidays....thanks you everway for the help, i hope to find the problem origin soon.

Jabo

jabo

Post by jabo » 2005-09-08 18:55:38

At last, I formated mi PC and reinstall all, and all works OK ;D, I suppose that the problem was a .dll incopatibilty.

Excuse me for the annoying and thanks you for the help!

FFAA MOD Jabo

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-09-08 20:24:06

No problem, were happy that all worked fine. And once again, WrpTool was not in fault ;)