Fit to ground = problem?

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ag_smith

Fit to ground = problem?

Post by ag_smith » 2004-12-01 15:07:24

Hi guys,
I've a little problem here. I'm using WRPTool 0.950 and I'm trying to insert some objects from my Industrial Pack on an island I'm making. The problem is that they don't get alligned to ground properly, I mean it looks like half of the object is underground. I've experienced this problem with f3wx_oilwell.p3d, f3wx_adminBldg.p3d, whouse2.p3d and a number of other models (also from catintro). I checked the Object Inspector and "Fit to ground" option is marked. I also tried to use "allign all objects to ground" command and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Is it just me or is it a common bug??
Any help will be appreciated

Snake_Man

Re: Fit to ground = problem?

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-12-02 15:45:54

This will be fixed in the next WrpTool release, oh and I have no idea when it will be out.

ag_smith

Post by ag_smith » 2004-12-02 19:18:32

Aha! :(
Unfortunately the island I'm making incorporates hundreds of these objects that cannot be properly aligned. I think I'm gonna have to put it on hold until the new WRPTool version comes out... unless you let me beta-test updated version? ;)
Thanks anyway.

Swordsman

Post by Swordsman » 2004-12-02 20:01:04

Hi ag_smith.

The problem you have is a common bug, I experienced it too.
By the way: you have done a very good job on your indurstry and harbor pack.

For aligning the objects you just have to try a few values for the y-coordinate.
For some of the buildings I can give you the values (all values are meters above y level):
whouse1 : 8
whouse2 : 4.3
adminbldg: 7.3

I think these values should fit very nicely on plane areas...
for other buildings, as I said, you just have to try.