Problems using WrpTool with VBS1

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

rvirding
Recruit

Problems using WrpTool with VBS1

Post by rvirding » 2004-10-26 23:13:36

We are now using VBS1 and I am trying to convert some old maps from OFP to VBS1. This doesn't seem to diffcult as most of the things from OFP and Res are there, they have just been moved somewhere else.

I have done a separate set up of WrpTool for VBS1 "by the manual" unpbo:ing the pbos that come with VBS1. No problems here. Some are encrypted, I think, but these seem to be the actual island definitions so I can live without them.

There is, however, one problem I have run into (so far) and that is ground textures. There are very many (most) textures which when I try to access them in WrpTool give me a "Divide by 0" error. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and what I can do about it. Colour depth? Are there any new patches to WrpTool?

I know that Visitor is the recomended tool for VBS1 but WrpTool can do much more, especially a lot of stuff I need so it would be a Big Win to be able to use it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

shinRaiden
Captain

Re: Problems using WrpTool with VBS1

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-10-27 00:10:17

We're aware of this issue with the textures, specifically in regards to the dest folder in Terrain Pack 2. This issue should be fixed in the next public release.

Using PBOx on the VBS Data and Data3d folders in a similar fashion to the CWC and RES data works correctly. In TP2, the maps and configs are in an encrypted PBO, and not accessible. The data and data3d for Terrain Pack 2 is extractable using PBOx. I have not got TP1 yet to test that.

The core packs to expand:

dtadata3d
dtadata
dtadtaext
dtaElephant

Terrain Pack 2:

addonsband
addonsdest
addonssnow
addonst2d

I strongly recommend creating a seperate directory for your VBS materials. While a bunch of Data has been ported from OFP, there is also a lot of additions and updates.

I'm currently testing how well WRPtool works with two simultaneous data feeds that include folders with the same name and contents. Thus far it is working, but that is subject to change.

Hopefully in the next week or two there will be an official support announcement for the WRPtool package for VBS community developers.

Thanks.

rvirding
Recruit

Post by rvirding » 2004-10-27 10:10:31

I strongly recommend creating a seperate directory for your VBS materials. While a bunch of Data has been ported from OFP, there is also a lot of additions and updates.

I'm currently testing how well WRPtool works with two simultaneous data feeds that include folders with the same name and contents. Thus far it is working, but that is subject to change.

Hopefully in the next week or two there will be an official support announcement for the WRPtool package for VBS community developers.

Thanks.
I have separate directory structures for OFP and VBS1 and choose which one in the settings Menu.

Proper VBS1 support would be wonderful.

I will test the textures with TexView to see if I can make a temporary hack that works.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-10-27 13:15:09

I have no idea what you're talking about dude. Care to explain?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-10-27 13:18:02

Are there any new patches to WrpTool?
No. WrpTool Development Team does not have vbs files and we have no intentions spending $500 for this kind of software. If you want to send us the files, just email me for ftp/etc info and we'll see what we can do.