the key files for wrp?

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

smiley
Recruit

the key files for wrp?

Post by smiley » 2004-10-26 22:01:10

i have read the readme, but is it possibe for you guys to list the core BIS files needed to add 1.46 objects and resistance objects, including the textures for both?

i have unpbo "ed" them but im having trubble finding certian objects..

many thanks

Smiley

shinRaiden
Captain

Re: the key files for wrp?

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-10-27 00:17:08

There has been some uncertainty in the past as to whether to use dta or resdta materials, as they are nearly identical. I suppose it really depends on what you intend to create maps for, but I would very strongly recommend going with the packs from resdta.

That said, download our new tool PBOx and extract the following packs to a new folder:

dtaabel.pbo
dtacain.pbo
dtaeden.pbo

resaddonsnoe
resaddonso

resdtadata3d
resdtadata
resdtadtaext
resdtalandtext

In the WRPtool settings, configure WRPtool to reference the new folder you created and put all these extracted folders into.

Thanks.

smiley
Recruit

Post by smiley » 2004-10-27 10:45:07

That has helped tremendously, it was just that I was looking for a few textures and other misc objects, to add, like the street signs, and benches, ect..

Many thanks

Smiley

p.s keep up the good work  ;D
Last edited by smiley on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

rvirding
Recruit

Post by rvirding » 2004-10-27 12:12:48

There has been some uncertainty in the past as to whether to use dta or resdta materials, as they are nearly identical. I suppose it really depends on what you intend to create maps for, but I would very strongly recommend going with the packs from resdta.

resdtadata3d
resdtadata
resdtadtaext
resdtalandtext

In the WRPtool settings, configure WRPtool to reference the new folder you  created and put all these extracted folders into.
How do you mean we should place the resdtaxxx folders? Should they be placed directly under the top level folder or should they be as sub-folders to a resdta? I mean does OFP see them as just data3d for example, or as resdtadata3d? I hope this makes sense.

What is the effect of not using the res pbos? Will it just be an inconsistency between what WrpTool and OFP see, or will it force OFP to use the original stuff?

shinRaiden
Captain

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-10-27 16:27:15

For your first question, remember that res is technically a mod folder, so the only thing relevant is the .dta and .addons portion. I was just mentioning which files specifically to pull.

Additionally, in the case of the .dta content, that obviously is sittig in a different location that .addons, but OFP and VBS merge them together in the engine or something like that.

In your resource folder that you link to in the WRPtool settings you should have the extracted data arranged like this:

data
data3d

abel

o

For your second question, the CWC engine is not going to 'know' about stuff in resdta. So if you really-really-really need to be making 1.46 maps, use dta. Otherwise just stick to resdta and you'll be fine. BIS like to do lots of duplication.

Thanks.