helo, beg for help

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

vilas

helo, beg for help

Post by vilas » 2004-10-13 07:12:52

Hell'o
Hello, I am Vilas,
known as a POlish addonmaker (www.roboczaofp.republika.pl)
i wanted to create my own island, but there is a big problem...
everything i do crashes game...
i downloaded WRP tool v0.906
for example, i load intro.wrp and just saving it to intro2.wrp
i even didn't place one simple object...
after starting game if i wan't to play in "new desert" ( i mean
saved i wrp intro) it crashes out the game !!!!
intro has 313 kb, after saving (just saving nothing else) it has 273
kb...
i made many addons, so i am not a man who doesn't know how to create
something...
but it is just like a horror.. everything i do i crashes game...
what is wrong ???
maybe You will help me...
i wanted to do island in Visitor... it crashes game too...
about my computer :
winxp, 2.1 GHz, OFP ver. 1.96 , Polish OFP version 1.91 patched to
help, me , plaease cause i want to do island... or maybe i can do it in Visitor, send someone and "this someone" will made it working...
first time i wondered, maby there is a problem with mesh created in 3 d max and exported to ASE, but when i opened intro.wrp and saved it to "vilasislandintro2.wrp" addon of island crashes all :(
maybe there was such topic, forgive me if yes, but please help me :)

Recon
Recruit

Re: helo, beg for help

Post by Recon » 2004-10-13 08:35:41

hmm, sounds like there's something wrong with the config. But mayby you could send the whole island to me, and I will see what I can do.

woutergroenen@hotmail.com

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-10-13 09:04:43

Did the WrpTool config.cpp and such tutorials help?

vilas

Post by vilas » 2004-10-13 10:58:18

i don't thinx it is a matter of config, bacause if i give intro.wrp it works, if i save this intro.wrp (changing nothing) and make pbo once again , than it crashes game !!!!!
i made many addons, so i don't think it is a  something wrong in config...
for example...
vilasislandintro.wrp (original from BIS) and land works good...
i am opening this intro in wrpedit than i am saving it...
and.. game crash...
Last edited by vilas on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-10-13 15:27:43

I take it you made a mistake with the wrpedit word there (since this is WrpTool forum). What I mean is, there is extensive tutorials in the WrpTool manual which would definitely help you on the WrpTool->OFP process. There is also example config files ready for you to use.

Read the tutorial(s) through and ask if you ave some questions. I'm happy to help you out on any specifics.

shinRaiden
Captain

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-10-13 16:10:16

i downloaded WRP tool v0.906
Have you also downloaded the .950 update?

vilas

Post by vilas » 2004-10-13 20:51:21

Yeah, i have update ver 0.95 but nothing :(
saved by me island crashes... even if i open someone's island, save it again, then it crashes game...
i read tutorial, i made many addons and i know how to do addons and stuff like that, but simply, everything that i save in wrptool 0.95 or visitor crashes game...
i open intro.wrp, i save it again in wrptool (import wrp, than export wrp) and starting game... crash...
i wanted to put one single tree to desert island, and it crashes game...
what tha hella ?

shinRaiden
Captain

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-10-13 22:59:47

Before we try anything further, have you made one map ever in wrptool and loaded it ingame successfully? If not, your problem may be that your path information in WRPtool is setup all wrong.

From the "change settings" option in WRPtool, what do you have entered for your paths?

Second, when you go to that location on your computer, do you have folders like data3d and o and data, or are those folders inside more folders?

---------------------------------

Okay, just for fun, lets try this:

1) make a copy of the working BIS intro.wrp found in the worlds folder, rename the backup to something like intro.bis or something.

2) open intro.wrp (not the backup intro.bis) file in WRPtool and place any one object from the CWC data3d folder.

3) Save your file as intro.wrp.

4) See if OFP crashes and also if your object is displayed. Also check to see if there is anything else weird like messed up textures.

5) when you are done, delete the intro.wrp file and rename intro.bis to intro.wrp, and make sure OFP is still ok.

Thanks.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-10-14 04:55:58

i open intro.wrp, i save it again in wrptool (import wrp, than export wrp)
No dont use import/export, just use the normal SAVE.

If you start WrpTool, load up cain, eden, abel or intro .wrp files from the <ofpdir>/Worlds directory and SAVE (using the File -> Save WRP ...) it will work.

The island names are:
Cain.wrp (Kolgujev)
Abel.wrp (Malden)
Eden.wrp (Everon)
Intro.wrp (Desert island)

Of course make BACKUPS from your original <ofpdir>/Worlds directory contents before loading & saving them :)

Thats just for test, the ground work so to speak. When you want to do your own island, you need to make config.cpp (examples included in WrpTool package) and pbo it to the addons (or mod) dir. The official BIS islands way is just to confirm everything works ok.

I really really do not want to sound like "read the fucking manual" guy, but I must encourage you to just carefully reading the WrpTool PDF manual, its a very good information source on WrpTool and basic WRP stuff overall. And with this topics help here, we'll get your island running just okay, dont worry about it.

MidShip
1st Lt

Post by MidShip » 2004-10-14 07:34:26

Did you observe, that the program aborts just before or immediately after when there was made any zoom action into the map or does it crash at once if one even has not made any action. In the first case, a missing or wrong texture path is rather likely.

MidShip
1st Lt

Post by MidShip » 2004-10-22 17:11:33

@vilas

Try to proceed as follows:

On behalf of the Elevation Tool, set the very outer rows and columns in a rim around the island (about up to 5 cells) with the absolute Change butoon below sealevel (about -10m). Also if it looks, they are still below sealevel or zero.

Would be interested if it works.