Rather complex question

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

simakperrce

Rather complex question

Post by simakperrce » 2004-03-10 13:05:22

hi all,

first of all i am new to this forum so hello, and thanks to the developers of WRPTool for that great program...

now on to my questions: for an OFP mod i am about to create, i thought that rather than throwing a lot of 3rd party addons into the island or having to create them from scratch, how about adjusting the original BIS p3ds both in shape and texture... so for example, if you wanted a bush which would look more like a hedgerow you'd take krovi_long.p3d and reshape and retexture it and overwrite the original file...

first question: what do i have to do to be able to get the original BIS p3ds into o2 or any other 3D program for that matter? I guess what I am looking for is a p3d to MLOD tool, if that makes sense..

second question: will WRPTool display the 3d sructure of this modified model or will it show me the famous blue square with question mark? I would need a 3d preview for exact orientation of the object...

thanks ahead

shinRaiden
Captain

Re: Rather complex question

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-03-10 18:30:56

1) p3dedit is your only option, and you don't have that option as that tool is top-secret by those who have it. :'(

2) If it is completed and bin'd, no problem.

A) Why not just use the object placer tool? It can crank out nice lines, then you can adjust the specific spacing if you want and copy and paste.