Binarize problem

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

lukemax

Binarize problem

Post by lukemax » 2004-01-04 00:33:32

Hi

I have a problem with something!

Im makeing a 25K map with everon and malden on it ive done it and saved it i set up the binarize EXACTLY like it says.

However when i binarize it this is what happens:

http://www.freewebs.com/lukemax/Prob1.JPG

Then this

http://www.freewebs.com/lukemax/Prob2.JPG

I press no it bombs out i press yes it shuts down and has a file in the opt.

When i try to stuff the PBO it says Unable to stuff or something like that.

When i load up the WRP in WRPTool its not missing anything.

Also when i try with another addon it seems to work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Luke

Luke.steel@btinternet.com

shinRaiden
Captain

Re: Binarize problem

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-01-04 03:25:58

Binarize is limited to 12km maps. Thus, it's choking on the 25km you're trying to feed it. If you need to export to WRPedit / Visitor, you'll need to export sections no larger than 12km (in this case 1/4 of your WRP), Binarize those, and then load them. Final assembly is done back in WRPtool.

There is a file of course in the opt directory, but that is just a copy of the source file, that you'll see if you read the code in bin.bat.

Why the PBO issues, I dunno. It's related to how you are stuffing files in whatever PBO packer you're using. I personally use PBOtool, and have not had any problems packing with it.

Thanks.

lukemax

Post by lukemax » 2004-01-05 20:21:51

This is really confuseing it says that the Binarized versian will be in the OPT directory.

ALSO to whoeever made this program id like to say that WRPTool is FANTASTIC but binarize Lets you down SO MUCH! make it save in proper format so we dont have to binarize!

shinRaiden
Captain

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-01-06 03:10:44

If you follow the logic in the batch file closely, you'll see that the binarize application is fed the data files from the addon directory you specify. When it encounters a .wrp file, it reads the 4WVR formatted file, and translates it into OFPW format. When Binarize SUCCESSFULLY completes, it writes those changes back to the source wrp, then the batch file copies the contents of the addon dir to the opt dir.

If Binarize crashes, no changes are written to the file, and the unchanged 4WVR formatted wrp is copied to the OPT dir.

Binarize will allways crash to some degree with maps that do not precisely match the BIS island specifications, ie (256x50)x(256x50) [or 12.8km] maps. This is because Binarize is a basic internal development tool designed to do whatever it is that it does.

As to why WRPtool does not save in those formats, it is because the OFPW format is not completely known. As you will notice in Visitor and WRPedit, there are a number of flags that can be set there that are not yet implemented in WRPtool. Sufficient is known, however, to extract node elevations, objects, and terrains. In order to write OFPW formatted files, the full header details and anything else remaining would need to be discovered. This at least is my understanding of the situation from talking with Snake_man and Dschulle.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-01-19 23:02:44

Binarize is limited to 12km maps. Thus, it's choking on the 25km you're trying to feed it.
Not true, I have binarized my 25km island many times :)

lukemax

Post by lukemax » 2004-01-19 23:12:34

OK I beg please tell me how!