Road Tool Glitch?

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

monoloth
Recruit

Road Tool Glitch?

Post by monoloth » 2003-12-17 03:38:38

I am re-tweaking my island, and by doing that I am redoing all the road systems. Anyway, I found a little annoyance that everyone might or might not be experiencing.
When I select the unfinished end of one of my roads, the road tool drop down menu automatically shows the name of the road. This is great, but the problem lies where it shows what I may attach to the road in the bottom. Where it should be listing the silnice pieces to continue the road, it sometimes wants to show ONLY cesta road pieces, which would not work. Also, the drop down menu wont let me select anything when the cesta roads are visible in error........its greyed out. Even if I close the roadtool, reopen it, do it all again, the same thing happens. I have all of my road classes listed, all the objects are there, etc. The only fix I have found to date is to save the file, shut the WRPtool down, and start it up again, then when i go thru all of this the road tool shows the appropriate road pieces for the road selected. Might just be a system quirk tho, am running a 2.4 gig, GForce FX5200AGP w/128 on board, but only 512 DDR w 800 FSB. I have already maxed my system out several times using the tool to the point where it tells me that i have run of virtual memory................

Dschulle
Captain

Re: Road Tool Glitch?

Post by Dschulle » 2003-12-17 12:14:55

I'll have a look to this

monoloth
Recruit

Post by monoloth » 2003-12-20 01:08:59

Dschulle,
I p[layed around a bit when this problem ocurred again, and found that if I simply place a silnice_konec piece from the object browser, call it a new road, then delete the road, it leaves all the Silnice road pieces in the lower portion of the road tool, and I can then just drag a box around a silnic road that I want to edit and the pieces remain to be used. The same goes with any of the other road types. Just some info in case it helps bro, the road tool as is sure beats eyeballing and tapping th arrow keys!

Pickett

Post by Pickett » 2003-12-29 06:04:13

I ran into that problem too, if you want to call it that.
It can be avoided easily by picking the particular roads name in the scroll down menu, after that it shows only the right kind of road sections.