Sounds and config announcement

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Sounds and config announcement

Post by Snake Man » 2009-11-25 22:33:20

Sounds and config announcement.

As some of you know "AnzacSAS Steve" did config and sound work for VTE. You all can now read his outburst on this forum area, to which I replied and was hopeful that its the end of the story. But no, he had to go and cause some drama in BIS forums "VTE ArmA 2 preview" release topic making claims that his work is being use without permission. I assume he means his work as in the config fire modes and sound files (which few are in fact taken without permission from some BF desert mod in the first place).

With his long time ramblings on MP chats, private messages, the PMC forum outburst and finally now the BIS forum post... I have decided to just cut all ties to him.

So now I have removed all his config work, even though there is no need as I've been told be major community members that there is no patents on configs, his anzac 51km terrain and the sound files. Now VTE has no more his work and we are completely clear of his influence.

Today he is still listed on the credits as Final Alpha is currently out, but when we put out the next release he will come off from the credits once and for all.

Next VTE release will be with ArmA default sounds and with sounds made by tpM who has done excellent work on sound (stupid me as I went and take "AnzacSAS Steve" sounds in, sorry tpM). Also the firing modes are restored to default ArmA style. I will check them out if there is need to add any specialized modes, but I think we are good for now. And of course the anzac 51km terrain is no more, but we have enough terrains to use already so its not problem.

I'm sorry for all this hassle, but I really thought his ramblings would stay in MP chats and private messages. Boy was I wrong.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”