Vietnam mission ideas / storylines / designs

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-11 10:58:24

Post anykind of mission ideas, storylines, designs etc here. You can post anything you want, but if it would be Vietnam war specific (like units) it would of course help alot.

I'll open this topic by posting my "LZ grab" mission idea, this is old idea of mine spawned from Unscripted War feeling, this has been sitting in VTE Dev forum area for ages now. I do have a template for this, but its not nowhere near playable yet.

Here goes:
--- cut ---
Idea for a mission (type).

I'm imagening this to my lame NAM12 or 25km island where the bases are in the outer boundary of the island landmass and the thick gook jungle is on the center.

You as US soldier start from the big HQ on the outer boundary. You most likely use land based vehicles or perhaps go even on foot to the jungle, a longish way I had it planned. In there you fight and clear a LZ, setup defensive position there. This LZ position would be up to you, no scripted pre-set positions would be used (other than the clearings, ie LZ slots in the island).

Then you call from radio to the HQ which sends helicopters to bring in additional defenses and after they have arrived (one dispatch of Hueys) and start to patrol the area around the LZ, you get to call like Chinook which brings in ammo, perhaps vehicle like jeep, barrels, medic tent (with AI medics standing by) and "base decor" into the LZ. also static M2 machine gun would be placed there. Also lets not forget the CoC M252 mortars which would be deployed there for your fire support. In other terms, a LZ was established there or "field HQ" which would be your base of operations.

Now you could start to patrol the nearby areas and ambush/hit or otherwise to make gooks life miserable. When you run out of ammo or need reinforcements etc, you have the nice fieldhq/LZ nearby and you dont need to go long way back to the main HQ base.

After this I dont have exact plan, but basically just go in deeper to the jungle and setup few more LZ's.

AI helos would then automatically catch these LZ's so they would bring in more AI squads to fight in the jungle. Gooks of course would also get "recon" of the LZ and try to assault it etc.

This could be like one mission, but mostly its a part of a campaign, I have now setup script system/saveVar thingy where you get "towns captured" type of scenario and these friendly LZ's in the same setup where the efforts you make in mission 1 will be present in mission 2 and so on. No more the world ending after the ending trigger kicks in.

This could be make to a fluid war situation where you capture LZ or two, and then the Charlie hits you back with a vengeance, you might lose LZ or so, you'd have to scrap your current mission and rush back to a LZ to defend it etc. All kinds of neat trickery could be done in the highly random createunit nasty way.

That sort of idea I had in mind... feel free to post additional ideas or comments.
--- cut ---
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Macross580
Recruit

Post by Macross580 » 2008-08-11 19:49:19

VC/NVA overrun on Outpost 1. The entire AO should be scripted to end after maybe.......30 minutes or so. A smaller trigger should be put smack dead in the center of Outpost 1. Small trigger should be set active when the VC hit it-making your team lose the match. AO Trigger after 30 minutes should spawn the ambience of a chopper, and say something cheesy like, "Good Job-Charlie Repelled". I know there is a script to automatically spawn enemy on MP but do not know where to find it, or how to do it.

The Area: One Ammo (AND weapons box)box should be set on all four sides of the outpost.

Statics: 4 MGs for all 4 sides.

Enemy strength: No less than 200 with units coming from all directions.

I actually have already made this for SP in the mission maker-minus the triggers. Its pretty damn fun.

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2008-08-12 09:05:34

HQ wants your squad to proceed along a river that enemy is known to use as supply line. (a small river, should be able to walk into it) Plz try to find some good looking place to walk thru :)
You walk into the river searching the edge for weapons concealed under water line.
when you find weapons or any cache, you must blow it up with satchel.
After some weapons were found and blown up you approach a place where dead US bodies are floating in the water (something should make players understand they are captives that have been shot unarmed)
*radio to base to signal the KIA's
*new order, search the area to find any stronghold or intel
In the closest village there are some gooks holding a us officer at gunpoint, yelling things and beating him (can we find such animations?)
When VC are dead, the friendly prisoner tells you that a large group of vc just left the place to prepare an attack on a US outpost
*radio to base to warn hq about attack
*hq sends dustoff chopper for you and the captive and bring you to the outpost
There you should have some time to organise your defence, I mean placing troops, etc
Sun goes down and you get borred.. sudenly a whistle sound, a few mortar shells explode in vicinity of your position.
A bunch of vc rushes one flank of your perim, 2 minuts later another rush from opposite direction. Maybe a third (fourth) attack from other directions after. Hold the place, pray and spray or hide in a bunker with some lazy fellas listening to jimmy hendrix, up to you ;) Attack should go on till airforce bomb the whole area around your camp.

This is just an idea, I dont have skills to make this mission like it should be done :p
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "Fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

lightninguk

Post by lightninguk » 2008-08-17 16:53:17

we were soldiers mission prt 3 should be done by friday you will attack a NVA airfield follow by defending a forward fire base and hope to hold out untill mike force comes to help you .it will also have a revive script also in it

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”