VC Snipers

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

HogRoot

VC Snipers

Post by HogRoot » 2008-05-16 23:50:44

OK guys I need some help. I am making a mission where the guys in my unit will be on patrol along a certain path. What I want to do is is put some VC snipers up in the tops of the trees like they use to do in 'Nam. I am using this

Code: Select all

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 20]
And messing around with the height trying to get him to stay in the tree, but they always fall to the ground. Does anyone have a better way to accoplish this?

Thanks
HogRoot

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-05-17 09:13:06

I would guess he always drops to the ground from the tree as its not designed to be platform for AI to stand on.

Try putting him to prone position first, then do the stop move AI (I just cant remember the command now) and maybe he stays there then.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2008-05-17 09:32:06

many structures are like that, you just slip out of it. Same thing when you try to land a chopper on some buildings. Happens often with ported objects from ofp to arma and I cant explain why:)
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "Fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

HogRoot

Post by HogRoot » 2008-05-17 20:15:07

Snake Man wrote:I would guess he always drops to the ground from the tree as its not designed to be platform for AI to stand on.

Try putting him to prone position first, then do the stop move AI (I just cant remember the command now) and maybe he stays there then.
Rog with try that. I wish there was a code like what I am using that would make them stay at that heigth no matter if there was a platform or not.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-05-19 09:02:07

Btw we do have in VTE the one tree with ladder on it, I did not place it on the WRP's (terrains) directly, but I'll make sure the tree will be on the mission editor so you can first place the tree and then your soldier in it.

Please remind me if after next update you dont see the sniper/ladder tree in mission editor :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

The-Architect
1st Lt

Post by The-Architect » 2008-05-19 14:54:33

There is a small piece of pavement in the editor update 102 addon that you could setpos into the tree. It is big enough for a guy to stand on but not too big.

Try it out and see if it works for you.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”