Archie's donations to you guys.

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

The-Architect
1st Lt

Archie's donations to you guys.

Post by The-Architect » 2008-04-03 18:46:46

I love the mod. It's my favorite of all Flashpoint/ArmA mods.
I understand that you guys must be really busy so I've decided to help out unofficially. Feel free to use what you want and discard the rest.

So far I've done just one reskin for you. The M113 in your mod looked like a quick reskin so I decided to make one myself.

Here's a before and after.

I'll pack the skin file up and post it if you think you'd like to have a better look.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-04-03 22:58:46

Any and all help, official or unofficial is very very much appreciated.

What part of editing interests you the most and what editing are you capable of?

I think the most urgent fix would be to complete the armored vehicle configs and possible model edits (but I'm 99% sure its just config work) so they are usable and can shoot ok etc.

Also few good (I mean really enjoyable) MP missions to our server would be nice addition.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2008-04-03 23:19:33

hey thanks m8 8-)
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "Fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

The-Architect
1st Lt

Post by The-Architect » 2008-04-04 08:14:11

Right now I'm busy creating missions. I have no config editing skills and it's the same for modelling.

I've never made a multiplayer mission and to be honest I have no interest in that side of mission editing.

You can DL and use the M113 skin. Here is a link to it.
http://www.freewebs.com/armabob/news.htm

The-Architect
1st Lt

Post by The-Architect » 2008-06-20 10:43:58

Alright, I reskinned the BIS Sandbags. Well, I changed the colour. I think they could do with a little tweaking so they fit the island better. See what you think.

They come from the BIS "misc" folder so I don't know how you guys could implement them. Make a not that the texture is also used for the BIS guard post visible in the following picture.

You'll need both these files.

Frantz
Recruit

Post by Frantz » 2008-06-20 11:38:14

Snake Man wrote:Also few good (I mean really enjoyable) MP missions to our server would be nice addition.
I'm not good at making custom missions but I have learnt how to modify some. My clan mates and I, really enjoy vietnam era and coop missions, especially Evolution because it offers every weapon available in the game on one island.
Here is what I can do, as I already realized few custom evolution missions for my clan, I want to know if you guys were interested into a VTE Evolution and if yes which island would fit the best to your opinion ? I'm ready to do it for us. Of course I'll ask official permission to [SFG] KillJoy (the author) first.

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2008-06-20 12:39:00

Great Stuff.

I too think the sandbags are a little low res.The reskin youve done fom the distant picture look's perfect.Can we get a close up pic please?

Thanx m8.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-06-20 12:58:02

Good work The Architect, this kind of small help is just great. Thank you very much for posting the textures here.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

The-Architect
1st Lt

Post by The-Architect » 2008-06-20 21:07:59

The texture is the exact same one BIS used. All I did was change the colour. The following coloured sandbags are better than those above in my opinion and the top ones should really be discarded.

Here's a close up pic. Please note that the bottom of the sandbag pile would look better if it was on a dirt coloured base rather than on grass. We obviously don't have any islands with dirt at the moment so it would be a good idea if someone could create a medium sized flat texture of dirt which we could lay side by side thus creating the illusion of dirt areas. We would need some edges too to avoid a cropped look. Just a thought.

The colour is slightly different on this one but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

granQ
2nd Lt

Post by granQ » 2008-06-27 08:43:06

nice work, hope snakeman include it.

The-Architect
1st Lt

Re: Archie's donations to you guys.

Post by The-Architect » 2009-01-15 15:42:28

I'm reskinning civvies so we can have some guys who are not fully loaded. Primarily for cutscenes etc. I've only done the SF guy so far. I'm gonna do an army one too and maybe a crew one. You guys will need to apply the textures and sort the paths etc. I'll post them on here when they're done.

Samples
img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/ ... mpler2.jpg[/img]
img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/ ... mpler1.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Snake Man on 2009-01-15 20:22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please dont hotlink very large (file size) images. 100kb per image is ok, 300kb is not.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Re: Archie's donations to you guys.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-01-15 20:25:59

Hmm good idea actually, I guess you can see guys wearing casual tshirts only in bases and so on, good stuff for cutscenes. I'm looking forward to the textures, your work is appreciated.

PMC since 1984

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”