Artillery, Mortar?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Pedersen
Recruit

Artillery, Mortar?

Post by Pedersen » 2007-10-04 20:25:02

Well I was fooling around with the Artillery today in a mission. And I gave up. The AI was so totaly stupied, did not do anything I want em to do.

Was trying to set up a hill with lots of NVA Artillery. they should fire down on the vally randomly and on a US base. So the US have to take the hill under artillery fire.
Was going to make it a strong NVA Hill/vally.
A long good mission with lots of Nam action and feel to it.
huge area that needed to be cleard out.

But all lost cuz I didnt get the Artillery to work as I wanted to.

the Ai start to piss me of!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-05 00:27:58

Well the only true artillery so far has been the CoC Unified Artillery, Dinger is planning on bringing it to ArmA also. Then I've seen couple of scripted artillery missions on BIS forums, but havent checked these out.

You should take a look at those scripted missions first to see if they have decent arty in them. We could then easily implement the arty in our missions (before Dinger gets the battle kings going), if they only are MP capable.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-26 15:10:44

Yesterday when watching Battlefield Vietnam episode 4, Iron Triangle... I came to the conclusion that I do not want to play VTE anymore without mortars and artillery as well as air support. Simple as that :o

Mandoble has provided community with excellent airstrike scripts, so air support is under control, but artillery and mortars are still open question.

If everything else fails, I can mock up some box-models for M252 (or what was used in the war) mortar, M101 towed artillery, M109 self propelled howizer and I actually already have M110 basic model. The scripts then are totally different thing, we (I?) never ever can come even close to the CoC UA setup where the unit actually fires the round and it flies to the intended target. So we must fake the stuff with scripted createvehicle arty, but even thats better than nothing.

So lets bring the mortar / artillery issue back on the table and lets get it done!

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2008-08-26 15:13:12

Snake Man wrote:I came to the conclusion that I do not want to play VTE anymore without mortars and artillery as well as air support. Simple as that :o
Lololol I stop breathing till it's done !
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "Fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

Daytripper
Recruit

Post by Daytripper » 2008-08-26 15:14:50

NeF wrote:
Snake Man wrote:I came to the conclusion that I do not want to play VTE anymore without mortars and artillery as well as air support. Simple as that :o
Lololol I stop breathing till it's done !
lol me too
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory.

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2008-08-26 16:52:37

Heya's,
I feel the same way snake man.
The best Arty i have seen so far is actually already in the defence of firebase dottie .It is faked as far as i can tell,But the units do fire the guns and lift there barrels as if to be actually aiming their guns.

Of what i have seen and tested the Arty in Warfare looks to be using the guns to fire the real shot.Try it on a open area and call a firemission very close and youll see the guns adjusting azimuth and fire the shot point blank.I will be a bith trying to break the arty away from the mission cos of the interaface etc and it still doesnt have the adjust fire,firing patterns or anything else seriously cool like the COC UA.
Interested to hear what other's think of the warfare arty .

Has anyone heard anything in the last 6 months in relation to the Porting of COC UA?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-26 19:41:20

Firebase Dottie uses the basic scripted arty by mrmurray, nothing fancy there and the guns arent shooting the rounds. But wow I didnt know that Warfare has guns shooting real rounds arty, I need to check that.

The word on CoC UA ArmA version is that Dinger did had something worked out, I actually have the version here, dunno what it does as I just quickly tried it out when I got it, but its not even close to anything really worthwhile, just some debug scripts. Since that, Dinger has disappeared and I havent seen him online, gosh what must be like closer to a year now... Lets hope the God of Artillery comes back soon :)

PMC since 1984

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”