Multiplayer with VTE

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Multiplayer with VTE

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-26 12:59:43

I have never tried multiplayer with VTE before, not even the OFP version, kind of strange really. Anyways now I have been preparing and testing my net connection and ArmA so its time to start playing VTE on MP finally.

I've heard on other MP chats and I've gotten emails about people wanting to play MP with this pre-alpha. PMC dont have dedicated server yet to host VTE sessions but I am still interested to try it on at someone elses server. So if anyone is out there who can host a MP, please let me know so I can join you guys.

As for MP missions, I could try to port couple from the v0.4 or just make new ones but as its this early stages I think its enough just to have basic objective markers and basic units setup to have nice testing environment.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-09-26 23:41:51

I know just about everyone whos famous in ArmA many have multiple servers, once i get home ill try to hutsle one of em for a 24/7 VTE dedi server. If they get bitchy ill negotitiate it to a small slot size like 10. Oh yeah and those VTE fans from ofp ANZAC clan or what ever came to arma to test VTE and had a dedicated server up for a couple of weeks but its down now and i doubt its coming back up...

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-27 19:33:58

PMC Tactical server is now online with VTE pre-alpha release. Dunno how quickly we can get anyone to play there and I really dont have patience to sit there hours waiting, but I will be playing on the server with normal BIS unit missions if nothing else to attract people and to familiarize myself with MP again.

If you look for it from MP ingame browser, use filter PMC or VTE.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-09-27 19:38:56

Hey can you put it on VTE mod? I can most likely get some people to join let me see.

EDIT: nah no one is on TS that wants to play it right now. Oh and i got my teamspeak up and running on this comp if you give me an IP i can talk.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-28 00:47:52

We had first missions tonight, all went well except few bugs which I already knew about. ArmA is just great on Vietnam missions, I had a great time playing. Will look forward to patch VTE to fix the few issues we had and continue playing.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-28 21:42:15

PMC Tactical VTE server gets more popular by the day!

Today had a great mission with couple of Anzac guys and with tpM our sound guy. There was fix for the low grass by Ancaz Steve (thanks) and now it looks so great to walk through the combined ArmA grass and VTE tall grass/undergrowth.

Hopefully the guys could post some screenshots. I've taken tons but they look bad because I run everything on very low details :)

All I can say is that the VTE MP is just awesome, if you ever thought you might download the pre-alpha and join, do it, its well worth it. Server seems to be running good and I have not seen any issues with the MOD (besides couple of fixes which are hotfixed tomorrow).

PMC since 1984

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-09-29 02:49:49

Yeah, sounds good! When I get home(Which is Saturday night. 16 hours from now) I'm going to join your server, please keep it up and running 24/7 VTE! Can't wait for the Hotfix, Also give me an hour after I get home, and I'll whip up a custom large scale mission with 50 player slots and even more AI(Including upload time, It wont be sloppy!)!

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-09-29 06:40:47

hi dudes ANZAC SAS STEVE droppn in to say hello.javascript:emoticon('8)'), am a total newb when it comes to forums an stuff .hope i did it right? also tryn to figure out how to post a screeny.bear with me dudes lol
[/i]

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-29 08:04:34

Lets start with easy, if you have http link for the image you have uploaded, just paste it to the post, no tricks required. I can even later edit it to show up in the forum as image, not just link.

I'm looking forward for more MP, I have to create the hotfix/patch for the pre-alpha before any serious MP tonight. I'm still wondering if I can squeeze in more fixes or should I just keep calm and fix even the smaller things better. Seems like the latter option will be my choice.

PMC since 1984

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-09-29 11:19:21

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-09-29 11:24:35

steve again, is this the way to go about postn screenys?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-30 04:07:30

I have made two new CoC CEX missions which are in the server and waiting to be tested.

First is player vs player with sizeable NVA/VC forces against defending US troops on Ia Drang. Second is COOP where US forces are on defensive first, then go into offensive to hunt down the remaining enemies in Dak Seang.

Should be really fun, but needs good amount of players (but still works with limited numbers too). I cant wait to try them out.

PMC since 1984

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-09-30 10:22:46

Admin edit: you need to paste the "IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards"

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-10-01 00:31:48

Man after you left, Snake. Our accounts got hacked me and triggerhappy. He made us say stuff like "IM GOING TO KILL YOU ALL" ect. Then when i tried to leave my key board got locked at he made me say "BYE BYE IM GOING TO THE TOILET" Then i exited manually real quick.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-01 03:35:44

Hueycat6, no idea, perhaps some cheater attacked the server, dunno.

Another matter, I think we are victim of our own success, there is so many people playing though the day (ie I can play pretty much anytime I want now) that all our current missions get old pretty quickly, there is frankly only couple of missions now.

If anyone has any VTE MP missions done, or even single ones, or is willing to make one, please post here so we can all enjoy your mission.

I'll try to do some so we can have some variation to the selection.

PMC since 1984

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-10-02 01:49:06

This isn't VTE mission, but you should try this out. Download it at http://files.filefront.com/HellOnRahmad ... einfo.html

Based on the movie "The Condemed"
Made on Rahmadi
7 players die. 1 player lives.
8 player pvp mission
At each spawn you have 2 ammo boxes beside you. One SLA weapon's. One US weapon's. There is a car depot in the middle of the island. And a boat dock full of boats. My next version will simulate the end of the movie(Where you get a boat and go to main land sahrani to kill the crew filming you the whole time. And ill have cameras displayed as watching you accross the island.)
Have fun!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-02 02:47:47

OKay thanks hueycat6, but lets try to keep this related to VTE :)

Yeah tonight... eh, who am I kidding?! We were playing all day long hehe! yeah we had awesome time playing and so far there is no bugs that would cause some critical issues, all is playing really well and people seem to enjoy it. As I said in the MP few times I would never ever imagined that VTE gets such interest towards it.

Tonights sessions I especially liked the player vs player CEX mission where I commanded NVA forces (4 x 4 platoons!) against the US forces. The huge battle was shown on the screenshots I posted earlier.

We definitely need to get more MP missions to the server, since we spend so much time there now, people start to demand more variety in the missions like patrol missions and so on.

PMC since 1984

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-10-04 05:07:13

Here's a fun mission! Hamburger hill. http://files.filefront.com/HamburgerHil ... einfo.html

Detail's: Take hill 937!
There are two 20 man platoon's, They start off behind there chinook; On a base about 3 kilometer's from the LZ.
If your the officer please fly the chinook or else your going to have to order the pilot to go to next way point after way point. It's 5:30 AM.
Once you reach the LZ the officer tells every man to disembark. Then you walk up hill in heavy jungle, until you exit the jungle(And enter the mid hill area where all the trees's have been burned severly from napalm.) where all hell break's loose(and I mean ALL HELL). From there you must fight your way to the top and take the hill. You can play as VC/NVA also, you must defend the hill against 40 american's that want to kill you by any means available! Well that's the big detail's there's alot of other thing's that you'll find out as you fight the costly and intence battle for hill 937.

Have fun with the mission!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-05 13:23:06

New version of VTE is available, the dedicated server has been updated and I'm going to be doing alot of playing in there now to test things out. If someone could make some more missions it would be greatly appreciate.

I have updated my (and the AirCav) missions to work with this new version oh and yeah I made two new missions. See you on the server.

PMC since 1984

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-10-07 04:05:28

Guy's we have a few new mission's for the latest VTE patch. Snake_Man has added 2 of my mission's called Operation: Swift Fury, and Patrol The 'Nam. Aswell as his PMC Aircav Ops 1 mission. More to come soon!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-07 19:18:58

PMC Tactical dedicated server has now been patched into VTE hotfix 2. Make sure you have it patched before joining. Hopefully this hotfix provides more enjoyable gameplay.

Please post feedback about how the server runs and how VTE feels like.

PMC since 1984

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-10-08 02:43:47

Operation: Fire Thrust w/ Hotfix 2 is now up!

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-08 20:45:28

hi dudes anzacsas steve sayn hello, snakeman i got an updated version of the aircavs m8 .we get nam music when we clear the objectives . some of the dense junle islands ha smaller objective zones and two more in Bra and Nam 25k .also i hav put together some sounds in a rar only 2mg inthink some might come in handy .also i dunno if it saves ya some work but i hav sorted out the air pbo in the way of all types of sounds like getin/put, landcrash environment sounds for the a4 and f4 and sorted the wepons sounds . i hav included a cfg file 4 ya to hav a look at..We hav also researched fire rates of the m16a1 xxm car ak47 m60 and rpd ,we hav calculated them and adjusted the cfg accordingly. would like your opion of it .I will hav the missions redy 4 ya in a day hopefully...sry just found another bug or else they woulda been redy now lol/ok umm thats about it m8 cya soon on the server . .PS the Bra is;and Aircav looks terrific and cant wait to play it .

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-10-08 21:44:06

Yeah when i script Ogg files into the mission in any audio above 30 seconds it turns into megs lol takes forever to download. nice work.

hueycat6
Recruit

Post by hueycat6 » 2007-10-11 23:21:56

Also a noticed a historical error Snake. On the A1 or F4(I forgot which) It says MK77 napalm, but in reality MK77 wasnt made until the 21st century and does not even have the same chemical mix as napalm. The correct name for napalm in Vietnam is M-47, While alot of napalm was used in the Vietnam conflict/and later on the war the most common type of airborne napalm that was used is the M-47. I love the MK77 bombs as I saw them being used on live TV at Tora Bora, Afghanistan and I was awestruck, but it wasnt invented until the 90's lol.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-12 20:05:12

Server has been upgraded with VTE hotfix 3, make sure you'll get that one before joining to the server.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-15 22:35:37

Sorry the server segfaulted today at about 1130hrs and I got it back up just now 0119hrs local time. Heh I guess its time to fix some script that kicks it right back up if it goes down.

Sorry for the downtime.

PMC since 1984

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-16 12:19:07

snake man i have a new version of the aircav missions m8, a few errors fixed and a couple of new ones in different islands. I have also been working on some differnent types of missions. one of em is a base defence and the other is just for pliots (bombing). The big viewdistance CTD has stopped that one at the moment .I have been waiting on a few bushes and the like to do some small squad based missions but i know i am being a bit fussy hehe.Anyway always playn with new missions.

http://hosted.filefront.com/anzacsasSteve/

try this m8.
Last edited by anzacsas on 2007-10-16 13:14:29, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-16 12:45:42

You still cant use email so you could email me the missions RAR? Or perhaps you could get them uploaded into filefront, megaupload, mediafire or such places?

We can do the joining into server and picking the "mission pbo" from there, but its kind of weird way to get the files and takes time too. If I could just download them (http) I could add them into the server in few minutes.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-16 13:36:17

All right now were talking!

Server has been updated with the new aircav missions. I also updated my CEX MP 5 mission with fixes to the bugs we discovered, should be much more interesting now for both parties :)

PMC since 1984

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-16 13:51:16

:D :D :D

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-16 18:27:22

I'm wondering if the server should be passworded as way too many people try to connect to it without VTE addons. If we would use the equalmod which requires you to have exactly and specificly the same directory structure as in the server, it would be pretty much the same as password regarding cutting out any unwanted quests, but it would cause nuisance for those VTE players that they have to format their dir exactly as the server.

I mean its only pre-alpha now, people only download it from this site, specificly on this forum... so if you download it, you have to read this forum. Does anyone see any harm by putting the server behind password?

PMC since 1984

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-16 20:40:54

sounds like a good idea .if you get the mod you will read the password , nice

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-17 13:38:40

snake man i have a new version of the aircav 7mountains .There was NVA stuck under a dirt bunker so the mission didnt end.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-17 13:56:02

Mission updated.

Now the server is setup with a password, and the password is: pmc

PMC since 1984

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-17 14:43:10

thx m8

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-17 17:01:37

Hey snake man,
Ive just done a sector control in Vinh Than and Ia Drang .
Everything works fine but i cant work out how to get the score to say VC instead of SLA ,not a big problem but one ill have to have another go at it when i am a little fresher .

Anyway heres the link to them

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-17 18:51:55

snake man i have redone the old aircav aipilot missions m8 and renamed them so thay dont sound like the others .

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2007-10-17 21:28:20

It's NeF here.. :D Think I found my account snake ;-)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-20 08:03:33

Server segfaulted again late last night, I just got it up this morning local time. Sorry for the downtime. We'll fix some sort of script to start the server back up if it crashes.

PMC since 1984

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”