Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Mike
1st Lt

Bugz. Rev13

Post by Mike » 2005-04-30 02:50:25

Revision 13
------------
Tested on OFP 1.96, Benchmark 5895, super ai turned OFF

no addons (such as pcp/y23k) other than those needed by campaign.

played in mod/ folder

-------

BUGZ General.

This applies to almost all missions.

Squad start in engage mode which means they immediately attack everything and die.

There is no mash tent avaialable in some of the toughest mongrel missions of the campaign.

there is no medic indication when some rangers are medics

THE medic, when available, does not carry accross to the 'next' mission. He becomes Joe grunt (even tough his weapons do carry accross). Makes that next mission way past tough.

Any injured squaddies, stay injured into next mission. This is unrealistic. if we can rearm, we can (or should be) healed as well. I had a ridiculous mission where I had to crawl all way back to airport at x4 from south because legs were shot from under me the mission before.

Lowering lenses doesn't work while in chopper, even though we're told to do so in some missions.

Weapon selection.

there is none. It is overkill to supply the kitchen sink and it is unreasonable not to equip the squad with 'reasonable' weapons to start with. I cannot possibly know that I need satchels for some missions, tank busters for others, in one case a satcom, and none for the rest. I need to be equipped 'reasonably' before I start because I have never played the mission to know what's needed. The 'war situation' does not inform me of the need to load satchels, and I should not have to, manually, in the first place.

Weapon selection is about a player's personal favorites, not, here you are, now it's your problem and 6,000 of everything to choose from.

-----
Start intro

The high quality that we've come to expect from Snake. Good choice of limited music. Cutscenes taken directly from some of the missions that will be played.

A double whack, same cut, of the beach landing is overdone. One of these should be replaced with a shot of the backdoor opening in the chopper to make sense of the rope drop.

Invasion:

Intro.

didn't quite do it. It needed to be a situational awareness scene and it wasn't there. A zoom to General Guba's house would have made it better, perhaps a flyby of the garrison below.

Almost all campaigns start with an attack of the airport. This one's different and player needed to 'see' where he would be. The location chosen is generally the LAST mission, to reinforce the point.

Mission

The claymores are nasty. I wasn't able to blow them up. Is this correct?

BUG

The T72 blew me off my feet but was pointing other way and was no way twitchy.

BUG

1st run thru, the UAZ stayed at gate, when I completed 2nd objective the loons in uaz made no attempt to get out or do anything other than be shot.

Snake_Man

Re: Bugz. Rev13

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-04-30 07:32:44

Squad start in engage mode which means they immediately attack everything and die.
Can anybody else confirm this, to this date in OFP I havent experienced such engagement orders in my missions.
there is no medic indication when some rangers are medics
Not a campaign bug, blame BAS who made the Ranger units.
THE medic, when available, does not carry accross to the 'next' mission. He becomes Joe grunt (even tough his weapons do carry accross).
Can anybody else confirm this?
Lowering lenses doesn't work while in chopper, even though we're told to do so in some missions.
Not a campaign bug, blame BAS who made the Ranger units.
The claymores are nasty. I wasn't able to blow them up. Is this correct?
Its been some time I player mission where I shot one, but I remember them blowing up when fired upon several times.
The T72 blew me off my feet but was pointing other way and was no way twitchy.
Heh no idea here whats happening in your OFP. Never heard such things (unless someone else shot you from different direction).

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-04-30 09:07:01

>Can anybody else confirm this (engage bug)

in your later missions, one before 'shining' I think (from memory) the order to "engage at will" is given from the chopper as we disembark

this command was in at least 2 other missions as well, I do not know if it's related, only to say that in those missions, sure enough, I had to do an all-disengage.

>claymores

i threw a hand grenade at one, it landed smack on and the claymore did not blow up. I shot at it about 5, 6 rounds as well and gave up.

the other nasty and very clever personnel mines (two types)you put in some of the missions DO blow up if I shoot at them etc.

>Heh no idea here whats happening in your OFP

it's pristine. can assure you of that, I am very, very, cautious with what I allow in the addons folders.

The tanks in general are dumbed down to inert. They, in contrast to any of your bmps, are mute and let themselves get banged up. It could be, that with tanks in their 'normal' condition, eg at least as twitchy as cockroaches, you dont notice a lag between the turret turning and the bang. It's a very small detail snake, it only happened to me once.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-04-30 11:06:05

More Bugz General

Unless you delete the user Tmp folder, or, possibly the user/Campaign folder (I dont know which) the next CAMPAIGN you play contains the previous CAMPAIGN variables.
----

Missions
Action

No bugz detected.

last loon behind extreme ruins in south is a little unfair to find.
------

Baseblast

Intro

Not too good. No real idea of where I'll be in this mission.

A scene showing the base, which is huge, would be a good indicator.

Mission:

No bugz detected

The T80 (like it's cousin in the first mission) was unrealistic. It sat waiting to get zapped.

I was a little confused by what i think might have been snipers moving in same position as may, they looked more like a bravo company. It would be good in the 'war situation' if you indicate where they are moving to, all you say is that they will move into position.

===--
Mountain

Intro

Fine, although, again, no indication where we are, and where 'they' are other than the stop sign

Mission:

My squad appear to have fully re-armed with basic euqipment (no laws eg)

ofp crashed at this point, restart

no bugz detected as such, the shilka was inert.

----====
Action 2

intro: fine but not indicative of all four targets we'll be going to.

mission:

it doesn't relate as far as I can see with the mission just played (Mountain)

bug

#2 becomes hurt after 2nd objective and cannot walk. I cannot heal him and he doesn't report as being injured.

objective 2 clears as soon as I enter edge. This despite two patrolling loons at extreme west and a full squad (patrolling) at extreme north of town.

took me a few goes to get the hang of the A10 dumb bombs. Took out both a T80 and a T72 (at the unmarked garrison east). It's wildly innacurate and inexplicably deadly, according to where on the map you target. One time useless, next time deadly

I didn't need the ammo drop, with a large squad, most of them were pack mules anyway. But it was a nice visual. chopper sometimes tips over on top of its ammo crate.

no bugz detected other than the chopper and my #2 badly injured. If he's injured in next mission, then this is a good reason to use a healing script to iterate through.

===

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-04-30 12:55:33

Airbase
seems I'm re-equipped with a new squad. #3 is a true medic, and #2 is no longer injured, indicating a total refresh.

Intro:

umm, because it's a new island, and because you start me off with an interesting shot on a small offshore Island I would use a satelite zoom first to the flag and then etc...

It then becomes 'obvious' to player that there is no situational awareness, we're off on a long flight (if you show the dimensions via satellite of this tiny place)

Gear:

A case of not equipping me properly. This time I do have 2 AT guys for the armour, but no satchels to blow the fuel dump 'sky high' as you say. Since there are spetz in this mission I could grab satchels from them and no satchels should be selectable out of gear, or, I should have them issued immediately. It should not be up to me to 2nd guess this.

Am not sure why #2 has a satcom. nor what it's used for. This same comment for all subsequent missions.

Mission:

A nice paradrop. I love these things, wish you'd put more of them in, particularly to Fury.

the flight is a little too short, barely got time to lock and load and I get ejected.

The end was somewhat dissapointing with the radio msg to end it all. I imagine a flee script would fix this.

Although the two truck squads attacked the airport there were something like 3 patrols down there that made no attempt to do anything.

------

JUICE

Intro:

BUG

the flag cannot be seen.

Mission:

DEFINITE BUG

#3 the medic is no longer indicated as such. His gear, (satchels) are carried over from previous mission.

After a long flight, I need a savegame. I dont want the long scenic view over and over again if I have to restart. This comment applies to all subsequnet missions with those very long flights.

I think music should have been added to this flight.

BUG

"engage at will" as we exit chopper

BUG

I get wounded, I cannot heal at #3

I call out wounded and a heal indicator is on #2, he cant heal me.

BUG

SHOWSTOPPER

I call #3 to return to formation, it says "3, follow 2", and I have a heal indicator which i can do nothing about.

I cannot risk being wounded like this for the following mission (last time I crawled to airport to end it)

I have to do an -endmission to continue.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-04-30 13:09:04

Pilots

BUG
#3 remains a non medic but his weapons are carried over

intro:

a little buggish, the flag cannot be seen properly.

Mission:

nice use of music this time. I would prefer a savegame after that long flight, once is interesting, seven times is dull.

BUG

I remain wounded and can do nothing

BUG

all-disengage

BUG small

the chopper will not move off unless we all move away from underneath it. This would be deadly to the chopper on a roving patrol.

_endmission

no thanks, this is silly. Am told not to take on the Russian army and have to cover an huge area of the map avoiding lots of patrols and hunt a needle in a haystack, As a bare minimum I need a smoke flare or something to detect it. One of the signal tracers would be good. The chopper could be absolutely anywhere. Only you know where this chopper is, I do not.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-05-01 01:13:18

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-01 16:18:16

Decapitate

I appear to have a new squad again. This time there is no satcom, and I never knew what it was for anyway. There are no satchels or laws supplied so I think no armour for this mission.

Nice intro. Chopper flight is fine. I'd like some music, and a savegame please.

bmp immediately appears after landing. We have nothing in the entire squad to destroy it with.

BUG

all-disengage

A pointlessly tough mission with four T80's five BMP's and four T72's

I ended up loading every squad member with satchels and AT136's not that they had any chance against the T80's This mission would have been excellent with the roving squads, bmps, and nasty claymores. The tanks ruined any player enjoyment.

Spent most of the time with squad in hold-fire and eventually I just crawled in alone to deal with officer.

Chopper got blown to pieces by a bmp I forgot to destroy and I really don't know how the mission could end decently because destroying the bmp would bring all the T80's down on you.

Badly constructed.

Bait:

As I thought, the remnants of my squad would carry over from the previous mission impossible. They are all wounded but none of them indicate it. #4 is so badly chewed he can only crawl, and he does not indicate hurt.

Campaigns that use this engine feature, introduced at rev 1.90 (bugs fixed) normally increase the skill level of any survivors, at each mission complete, and introduce fresh rookies to fill the lost ones. In this campaign, you seem to get punished for surviving.

BUG

all-disengage

Start of mission is fine. Then I quote

"get out of there, you are no match for the T80's"

why? There's only four of them, and I had eight the last mission.

The ammo boxes contain no mines, no satchels and the few I carry can't take out that many tanks. I have no idea where they might come to rest in the town and have no chance to sprinkle them in good spots, and no chance to re-arm if I dont

-endmission

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-01 18:05:44

Butcher

No bugs detected 2nd time thru

1st time thru, I missed a few loons at back of me, they re-emerged later, blew the chopper and prevented a mission complete.

A strange radio msg appeared after a small squad was repelled from south (mission complete) where 'armoured contacts coming from south). Dont know what that was about.

POW

I have a satcom back for #2 but the squad is otherwise unchanged

BUG?

all my weapons are silent type and innacurate from previous mission.

BUG

all-disengage

BUG

there's no indication of where we should cover Delta squad from.

BUG

one of the Delta chopper crashes, god knows where, I hear the bang

BUG

we leave 3 loons (i saved game and checked this) for bravo to deal with

they all die, 2 loons remain for us to deal with instead.

BUG

we run in to clear town first, I get the prisoner.

no need to call Delta, but we do anyway

BUG
choppers collide with each other on landing

BUG

on a retry where choppers survive bouncing into each other, I call for evac and later, much later, Delta tell my I can radio for evac. The radio should be disabled until then,

BUG

the evac chopper does not land at the marker indicated (in the road)

BUG

we start to load on chopper, and THEN the counter attack or whatever it is starts from South of town (and possibly from forest north, not sure of that)

BUG

there is no medic in the squad despite being injured, and no mash in the town otherwise.

I retry all this stuff again, and basically, the counter attack begins just before, or during, the evac landing, i shouldn't be allowed to call the thing till this phase is complete

I lose #3 (replaced by POW) and I wait to see what the mission carry over does.

Data:

Looks like I've lost three, permanenltly (the pow dissapeared) this is ok, this is what I expected. Stacom remains with #2 and I'm curious to know if any of us are medics.

BUG

all-disengage

Strewth! Great mission. Good grief.

BUG

no medic available

BUGish

apache crashes

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-03 16:57:23

snatch
I appear to have a fresh squad of 9

Nice intro. nice accompanying music in flight.

BUG
all-disengage

HA! I always get caught out by those damn claymores!

A BMP appears from Figari. I have to restart and do a gear select, this should not be the case. I have no way of knowing I'll need rockets. #8 and #9 are armed with aimpoints, as in , non standard weapon loads so a law or eg should also be included as standard. #4 and #5 in pmc fury are generally always loaded this way.

BUG

#10 (the prisoner) cannot get out of building. I eventually use a bmp to knock down the fence and release him

BUGish:

When chopper arrives I load all on before me and then cannot get aboard. I have to unload every1 get on 1st and tell all to board chopper after me.

Morning

same squad as before, reloaded a few weapons, no rockets supplied.

BUG

all-disengage

Traditional BMP comes up road with no rockets to do anything about it. Then a T72. I have a few, I take out the bmp and ignore the T72.

BUG probable

there's sound of shooting near morton, this is possibly the snipers getting hit because 1.9x engines have better ai range and can now 'see' the snipers.

We evacuate ok but it seems a little strange that Bravo remain in Morton.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-04 00:07:40

NoComms
I have a fresh crew. This time with a genuine medic (#3) and this time with rockets. Very odd.

Unlike other ranger types THIS ranger (S) has a medic indicator against him

Lead in flight

Nice, and far too short. The C130 is interesting, I would have liked more time to adjust to it

BUGish

#2 is injured on exit

NO BUG

this squad is NOT in engage mode

NO other bugz detected.

The destruction of the 'radio tower' is a little odd. It seems that the truck and BRDM need to be taken out. A trigger script against the tower itself would have been better, and supply of satchels in the first instance. There are no satchels available in the ammo crates.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-05 04:03:23

how did I become a forum full member?
AMMOS

I check my crew. All appears correct and I am surprised by the amount of ammo missing, as in used up. I basically start balancing them all to have 3 magazines each.

I HAVE LOST MY MEDIC!!!!! #3 He survived first part.

Mission

We ALL run out of ammo. A desperate crawl by entire squad to re-arm. No one killed.

BUG?

"Ammo dump destroyed"

no it wasn't. Tanks and everything remain in place.

A savegame should be at this point.

BUG

I'm wounded and cannot heal. There must be a means of healing squad, mash tent eg, in these chained, non-return-to-base missions.

BUG

#2 and #8 are injured and cannot heal.

BUG

we aren't supposed to destroy shilkas, just clear them.

BUG

phase completion because we enter fort, there's still at least 3 loons shooting at us.

BUG

outro end mission cuts in and we have no chance to re-arm, we are so short of weapons (from HD) that I had to run back to 1st objective to rearm during battle for 2nd. These high dispersion rounds prolong the firefights (a good thing), but my god they're used up quickly. My silenced gun btw was a hopeless thing, am glad to be rid of it.

CUTSCENES

slight typo errors in text, 2 places

Bugish

9 soldiers shown, only six of us survived.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-05 07:33:11

SERPENT

BUG

#3 the MEDIC !!!!! has reappeared !!!!!!!!

I have lost #4 and 6 (ok)

BUG

#2, myself, and #8 are injured #5 is wounded but does not indicate

BUG

Bravo attack far too soon, I am re-equipping squad whille sounds of battle are happening at the airport.

nice rusian voiceover as we enter buildigs

BUG

russian is hidden INSIDE mash tent. This means grenade, this means no mash tent.

1st phase complete. A savegame would be good.

A bit of confusion here where what appears to be the remnants of Bravo squad make an entrance from the far end of the airport. I think later another squad comes in as reinforcements and stands guarding the airport.

BUG

because I ignored the spetz camp, the soldiers (and spetz) from that area make an airport attack, along with the trucks. But, once all the truck-squads have been cleared out, it's mission complete even though a lot of shooting is going on. Remnants of bravo are still attacking the spetz camp, and lone patrols are still attacking me,

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-05 10:53:05

BRIDGE

Intro:

Very dull, very boring, endless shots of the same blackhawk from different close up angles. Moving squads were far more interesting.

Theme:

Very difficult to believe this one.

Loons everywhere but we go halfway accross Island to attack a bridge?

Might make sense if it's to cut off supplies.

I have a full squad back again. which is a good thing, since only #9 and myself survived the airport.

BUG

all-disengage

No other genuine faults discovered

This is by far the best so far, most of the other missions were good or better than that, but this is the best so far.

There is a minor hiccup at end of mission towards the extraction point radio message where, unless you took out the two patrolling bmps BEFORE taking over Davle, things go wobbly.

The two trucks are no trouble over bridge if you whack them with rpg.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-05 13:55:11

PATH
Intro is dull.

It takes far too long agonising over angle shots of a loaded black-hawk. The music comes in far too late.

Mission:

I've lost one of my squad members. He died in previous Davle bridge thing. This is ridiculous. The sheer quantity of numbers against me at Davle garantee some casualties.

BUG

all-disengage

that's odd. This mission, i DO get a savegame.

A little bit of caution needed towards end to get squad to hold fire. A reasobale counter attack while we try and evacuate.

BUG

this has happened before. If I get entire squad in before myself, I can't get in. If i get them out and get in, chopper attempts to take off without them

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-05 15:25:45

WMD

I appear to have a full squad back, this time #8 is filled with a new recruit. This should have occured in the previous mission.

Intro:

very nice.

Breifing:

Bug

there are no satchels supplied.

BUG

the briefing states to blow the fuel truck and scud, no mention is made of the T80. It too needs to go bang.

Very nice visual coming in with support choppers.

BUG all engage at will

all-disengage

BUG

unless you stand within the camp after destroying the 3 vehicles, this objective will not complete. The last thing you would do is stay anywhere near there with tanks after you. I had to send my sqaud off to the north mountain blow the stuff and crawl back towards tents to get the trigger, while bmps were hunting me.

Buggish. Last town before davle bridge containts two T80;s that I can't get into and defend myself against the enemy armour

Davle has a single HMMV defending the bridge !!!

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-05 17:04:32

SHINING

forgot to mention that the last two missions are best in campaing, this one is better again.

I have my full squad back, they appear to be totally new.

Buggy

the pilots get out of chopper and there's a bit of a mess getting us in to back, not, all, of the chopper.

BUG

all engage at will

BUG

all-disengage

no other bugs detected

1st attempt we picked our way thru minefield, while hotel company went of and got toally slaughtered

2nd time we followed hotel and protected their flank from the enemy coming over hills.

after that we never saw much of them, particularly at end. They seemed uninterested in attacking much.

the end extraction was silly. A landing of say four Chinooks in the last town would have been more appropriate.

Overall

It's the usual high standard in mission play that we've come to expect from SnakeMan, most of the bugs are forgiveable, some, are not.

The campaing is not, a campaign. It's a mission pack. There is no serious attempt to connect the dots and make the missions flow into each other. The introduction of carry over weapons etc is flawed throughout. No serious attempt has been made by Snake to actually use this feature in a sensible way, other than to implement it.

Because of this it unfortunately makes some subsequent missions, which would otherwise be ball tearers, unplayable.