Ranger Bait Problem

Campaign using LSR Ranger addons

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Reacher
1st Lt

Ranger Bait Problem

Post by Reacher » 2004-09-02 18:23:56

Snake, sorry to bring all this misery, but I just finished the Ranger Decapitate mission, no problem. When it started to load the next mission, (Ranger Bait), I was booted back to my desktop and OFP was closed. I tried it again and the sim took me back to my last save for Ranger Decapitate. ??? When I ended that mission once again, when it tried to load Bait, I was once again booted back to desktop, OFP was closed.

Also, another issue encountered with the medic. During Decapitate, I was wounded twice. I sought out the team fire leader and healed, no problem. But another Ranger was wounded, (#2), and when I tried to get him healed, it showed no medic available.

Yes, I'm using your latest version of Rangers and operating on 1.91. I have the latest patch vs. 1.96 but have not loaded it yet.

Any clue on this closing of the program?

Machine info:
AMD 64 2.0 Gig
1 Gig Ram
ATI 9800 XT 256 Meg
SB Audigy LS

Everything else has worked properly as far as loading missions, etc.

Thanks
Reacher

Snake_Man

Re: Ranger Bait Problem

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-09-02 19:09:12

(Ranger Bait), I was booted back to my desktop and OFP was closed.
The campaign "structure" file works correctly. On every new release I test the whole range of campaign missions once if not twice or more.

Maybe you should delete the savegame files and retry the campaign. Use the cheat in the campaign menu, press left shift and keypad minus key and then type: campaign

Then you get all the missions available, go to Ranger Bait and click Revert, see what happens.
But another Ranger was wounded, (#2), and when I tried to get him healed, it showed no medic available.
No idea, I have played missions with v1.55 rangers but havent experienced such missing medics.
Any clue on this closing of the program?
None whatsoever. Try the savegame dir deletion tip first.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2004-09-02 19:21:55

Snake, do you recommend upgrading to the 1.96 patch?

I'll try deleting the savegame file and doing the "campaign" thing.

Reacher

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-09-03 04:57:41

Snake, do you recommend upgrading to the 1.96 patch?
Of course. All the latest fixes for various campaigns of mine are made with latest v1.96 OFP.