Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

derStef
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FreeFalcon5

Post by derStef » 2011-05-08 10:00:02

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After a very successful beta release, we worked out some further issues to make this theater even more enjoyable.

so I am proud to announce the releaese of a close final version of the Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FreeFalcon5.
This is the first version of our updated Taiwan theater that comes with an one click installer (OCI) for easiest installation!

After a long and demanding road of development, I decided to release this WIP. Although it is still unfinished, I see no reason to hold this piece of art back any longer. Updates and improvements will follow.

This Theater is based on the original PMC Taiwan theater v0.4 and was modified HEAVILY by my team and me.

Requirements:
3,22GB HDD space
FF5.5.5
FF5.5.5 cockpitpack

Start Falcon, select Taiwan theater and restart Falcon.
Enjoy.

You will also find further information and documents about this theater in your \Theaters\Taiwan\Docs folder!!!

Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FF5
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=06EH5Q9G

FF5 Taiwan Beta v0.9 ReadME.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/?ivcf9p949qyscux

Taiwan Campaign Manual WIP v0.5.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/?w688btz3b5n3fob

Taiwan Tacans.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/?vksmabnvmxumr68

Thank you too all supporters for making this possible, as well as to PMC & FreeFalcon for hosting.

Best regards
Stef

TeamSpeak 3 Voice Comm Server and MultiPlayer support:

TS3 Adress: ts10.bargainvoice.com
Port: 7050
No Password

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87 ... 840d0a.gif

Last edited by Snake Man on 2011-05-08 10:02:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please dont hotlink large (file size) images.

derStef
Banned user
Editing Interests: Terrains

Re: Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FreeFalcon5

Post by derStef » 2011-05-08 10:01:04

Please Snake Man make this a sticky! thank you sir!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-05-08 10:13:14

PMC EULA is clear about editing our theater without permission. Its very unfortunate that you take our theater like this and release it as your own, you show no respect by doing this, you should be shamed of yourself.

For those of you who have no idea whats going on; I was expecting this work to be added into next release of PMC Taiwan theater, derStef and his team was infact authorized to work on the theater in the goal of putting the edits into the next release, but never in any shape or form have I given permission to release theater like this. On May 1st derStef was specifically told NOT to release anything in his own.

I am very disappointed to say the least, I'm going to have to decide what action to take regarding this.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2011-05-08 14:51:35

Stef, i knew you have invested lots time and energy on the mod.

better talk to SM privately, and work out a a good solution for this situation.

ranger822
Banned user

Post by ranger822 » 2011-10-23 18:19:42

Snakeman,

I was going thru the forum attempting to locate a copy of your latest Taiwan Theater to compare to Derstef's. In order to do due diligence to your claim I need a copy of your theater. The purpose as I explained in my e-mail was to determine what of your theater is the same of Derstef's. Perhaps that isn't necessary after reading this forum.

Derstef has indicated by his own words that his theater was based on yours so that almost seems proof enough - but in your own posting you indicate that Derstef and his team was infact authorized to work on the theater.

Did Stephan simply misunderstand the meaning of your "authorization" or jump the gun and release before its time and your final approval? If so, what would it take to make it right now? Surely, with all the time that has passed, and the fact the Theater is quite a hit at FreeFalcon is evidence that the work itself is worth keeping and that making some needed adjustments to meet your expectations for a next PMC release is warranted?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-11-03 09:55:51

PMC Taiwan Theater EULA violation has been cleared regarding official FreeFalcon team, they have done the right thing and removed the link and will not support such activity any longer.

Maybe this teaches users in the community to respect other teams and their work, derstef should be ashamed of himself.

Issue resolved, topic closed.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."