Iran theater

Iran theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Khronik
PMC Theater Developer

Post by Khronik » 2007-03-23 20:22:58

Did a quick one for IRAN to try some stuff out... Was going to use this for RV.

EDIT : This one matches the original theater logo style..

Last edited by Khronik on 2007-03-24 03:26:30, edited 1 time in total.

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2007-03-24 02:35:46

Just wanted to tell you guys for a damn long time this is one GREAT peice of work and I wish I could have been involved with its developement.. :D

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-24 05:14:58

I am now really just testing the v0.2 installer and fixing last remaining bugs. Currently one bad problem is the easiest (top most) campaign (save2.cam) which causes CTD on startup, also the other campaigns have the known Afghanistan theater problem, they run ok but when you exit the sim, it crashes in the last second.

I havent got the historical Iran vs Iraq war implemented yet, sorry, have to be on the next fix/patch or version. Some airbases still miss new tiles and the three iranian mountain terrain types are missing (light colored, dark colored mountains and snowcaps).
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

bigstone
1st Lt

How did you get this Iran beta to work in RV?

Post by bigstone » 2007-03-24 06:20:13

I tried to get this thing to work. I followed the install instructions as instructed. I clicked the RV bat file and I get two unspecified paths erros for spinstalll and lxnormal??? Oh well I guess I'll just wait for a final workable release... :? When I try to launch my RV install I get a ctd...I porked my RV install. I will have to uninstall RV and reinstall it. :(

phoenix
Recruit

Re: How did you get this Iran beta to work in RV?

Post by phoenix » 2007-03-24 13:31:08

bigstone wrote:I tried to get this thing to work. I followed the install instructions as instructed. I clicked the RV bat file and I get two unspecified paths erros for spinstalll and lxnormal??? Oh well I guess I'll just wait for a final workable release... :? When I try to launch my RV install I get a ctd...I porked my RV install. I will have to uninstall RV and reinstall it. :(
Eh,

What i do is backup my whole F4 directory for all three versions onto a DVD.

This is after i set up everything,
then if something goes wrong its just a matter of moving the whole backup into your microprose directory...

Well worth the time imo because when modding with F4 all and everything can go wrong so at least this way you can mod away without worry.

Dont even zip em up just burn the whole directories straight across as they are and voila you got a permenant backup of your install :)

Mine all fit onto a DL 9 gig dvd disk and it saves a lot of headaches and reinstalls :)

bigstone
1st Lt

Post by bigstone » 2007-03-25 00:54:29

Sherlock wrote:
Snake Man wrote:Thanks for discovering that. I'll surely fix it for v0.2
Well, it was bugging me so I went ahead and fixed it up. Here is the updated campmap.rsc and campmap.idx zip if anyone wants to drop it in their installation to fix things:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzzmm5i4jm5

Also, when I was working on my own Iranian theater I threw together this little graphic for the theater definitions tga display:

You are welcome to use it if you want to replace your placeholder graphic. Just let me know and I can email it to you (the link above is a jpg and resized so it won't work).
Please hook me up with the jpg. Thank you pm sent.

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-14 19:13:27

Sherlock wrote:Just a thought but we should be able to determine bridges by "real" roads, e.g., paved road like a highway. Sometime back I saw a road map of Iran. I'll see if I can find it again when I get a little time. It might prove useful for this sort of thing.

***snip***

Found that Iranian road map I posted previously about. Would this be useable in some manner to limit the number of bridges as to just the main roads, since as someone pointed out the wadi bridges you can go around in dry season?

BTW, the file is larger size than the putfile page displays it (on my computer).
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto