MyCampaign/Scripts/ directory

OFP editing, missions, modeling, textures, configs, but not islands

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

MyCampaign/Scripts/ directory

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-22 02:12:53

It amazes me why is it only now that I discover this feature. When you're making campaign, you can place music and sound into the main campaign root dir, thats nothing new, but now I discovered from Killswitch (thanks!) that if you place a directory called Scripts/ into the campaign root dir, OFP checks all scripts first from this directory.

Think about all those scripts that are duplicated on the many mission dirs, these are for example ai.sqs Bremmers improved AI, CoC Command Engine various script directories, all effects scripts, helicopter operations scripts, etc etc.

It saves space and is much more easier to edit when the script is only in the main root directory.

All PMC made campaigns just got tons of smaller and more efficient because of this feature. Big thanks goes to Killswitch for letting me know!
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

kutya
Recruit

Post by kutya » 2006-12-22 07:50:14

Ha!

If I did know about this, it would save me much work! In a 9 phased GDCE dyn camp, I had 9 copies of all the scripts. I tried to make a thing you described, but didn't manage (I mean, until now). Thanks!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-22 08:23:03

I have now moved all the generic scripts in all of my campaigns except in PMC Fury (which I think has very few scripts). Of course I didn't test others than the most fierce CoC CE campaigns, they ran just fine. As the scripts are identical on all mission dirs, they work perfect on the MyCampaign/Scripts/ directory.

Few campaigns dropped like 10mb in size, that is just sweet!
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."