PMC Hero's Path

OFP campaigns and missions

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

PMC Hero's Path

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-20 08:52:33

I had to wait until the COC advertisment was run before I could grab the radio.
Thats normal CoC UA operation.
Prior to that the chopper pilot starts the engine, then kills it and gets out of the chopper.
Thats normal and used on most of my (new) missions.
We all boarded but the pilots got in with us!
The pilot and gunner is there to fly for you. Do NOT man the pilot or gunner seats by yourself or members of your team!
Cannot load 'UsersDaveSavedcampaignspmc_heros_pathcontinue.fps'. Error 'No entry' at '/GameState/Variables/Item182/data.value'.
Known OFP savegame bug, nothing to do with my missions. You have to live with 1 try 1 mission. If you need to pause for dinner/movie/something few hours, just hit escape and let OFP wait. If you need to surf the web etc, hit escape and ALT-TAB out of OFP to do your surfing.

Other than that, like I said... 1 try - 1 mission.
Oh, I almost forgot... my troops are doing what they did back in the old PMC_Ranger campaign... Not following orders.
We have been throught this before, so one more time. Give the DISENGAGE order for them.

Reacher
1st Lt

Re: PMC Hero's Path

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-28 03:32:08

Snake, at the risk of causing you to have to repeat yourself, I'm still getting that same error message when I try to save the game for later. Yes, I'm only using one save and I've even tried to not use any saved games and just quit the game, letting it do a "updating retry position". All to no avail.

I'm not sure what to do. The missions, as you well know, require hours to complete. So you know what I'm up against. Leaving OFP up and in the background all night and day isn't an option.

I've made it to, damn, I can't remember shit when it comes to the mission names, but I know I just finished "shallow grave" and that only took me about 5 hours. (Yes, there was some saving going on, but I knew it wouldn't make any difference since I had to either finish the mission or lose everything.)

The campaign itself is genius. Anyone that thinks they can run through any campaign that's been created will have there skills severely tested. I've always wanted to have a campaign that basically the odds were not in my favor of completing. Hero's Path is one goddam tough campaign. I was up until 2:30 AM finishing Shallow Grave.

Reacher :o

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-12-28 10:30:19

I'm still getting that same error message when I try to save the game for later.
Forget the savegames, its that easy.
I'm not sure what to do.  The missions, as you well know, require hours to complete.
I'm not sure what to say. Perhaps you need to better organize time to play, or simply just forget the campaign then.

Personally I think it should not take 5 hours to complete, I havent encountered a single mission yet where I can spend so much time, sure in some insane PMC coops like the one we had with MadFred we used like 6hrs, but that was just lunacy. Either by that time you're dead or killed all the enemies... unless of course you like low-crawl the whole way and back or something other strange.

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2005-12-28 14:48:27

On the mission to take the airport, I tried what you just described. Just moving towards the objective as quickly as possible. By the time I got to the airport, I was alone. All in my squad were dead. I still completed the objective and took back the airport.

But then, as quirks will have it, the next mission started right where I left off, at the airport! :o And, as you well know, since I was alone when I finished the mission, I was still fkn' alone! Now, I have a choice to try to complete the next mission by myself or go back and completely re-do Shallow Grave. >:(

In case some of you reading this haven't run this campaign, you'll be facing hundreds of enemies, numerous BMP's and agressive choppers. It ain't no walk in the park.

You're right. I need to allocate a specific amount of time, then if I can't finish it just do the old campaign cheat. I did have to use the cheat once, early on when a mission wouldn't end. The artillery still works just fine. Or, like you said, just forget the campaign.

I can't be the only person in the world experiencing this.

Oh well, when does OFP 2 come out? :P

Reacher ::)

hamis

Post by hamis » 2006-01-06 14:09:41

Hi!I have real problems with this campaign.It started from dragon's tooth then it didn't end correctly.I can't get to next missions even with "campaign" cheat.Any idea's?

hamis

Post by hamis » 2006-02-19 09:45:31

Please,could you answer my question?The mission did not end even then i was in main menu!

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-02-19 12:41:27

It started from dragon's tooth then it didn't end correctly.
End trigger did not activate?
I can't get to next missions even with "campaign" cheat.
How did you try this cheat?

hamis

Post by hamis » 2006-02-24 17:01:45

Well,the mission continued whatever i did(after cutscene where i heard uaz driving away but didn't see anything but black).I used endmission and campaign cheats normally by pressing left shift and kp minus and writing "campaign".Is this campaign ECP compatible?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-02-24 17:57:08

I used endmission and campaign cheats normally by pressing left shift and kp minus and writing "campaign".
Endmission cheat is written as "endmission", campaign unlocking all missions cheat is the "campaign" word.
Is this campaign ECP compatible?
No.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-05 05:55:16

Whats up snakeman?
Busy with VTE, busy with OFP, the usual :)

Actually been learning some O2 modeling as I have been forced to do much fixing on the VTE side, quite fun so far.

Thanks for asking :)
You forgot to say in the readme of Heros Path Campaign that you also need the LSR_US_Navy_SEALs_05b addon!
Yes indeed its missing the LSR SEALs v1.0 and not the beta version. Here is the link which I already added into the readme on my hard drive, will show up on upcoming v0.2. Thanks for letting me know, it was not mentioned in PMC forums.

LSR SEALs -------------------- http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9065
Do you have any idea why saved games wont load and will crash OFP if you exit the campaign and try to load it again later on through the notebook in OFP menu?
Idea? Well CoC UA and few other scripts, plus a big missions. Thats why. Nothing we can do about it, we've been over this in the current topic already. Its not nice but its the OFP we live with.
OFP will also freeze and crash during gameplay, at least its been happening always in the same mission, if youre interested ill go find out which one.
Install the LSR SEALs v1.0 first, then try the mission again and if it freezes again, please let me know so I can try it out myself.
Nice campaigns! Fan since the start.
Thanks, I'm happy that you're enjoying the campaign. v0.2 should be on its say soon, time to make JAM3 upgrade, fix the readme and any other tweaks I can imagine.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-05 15:24:50

PMC Hero's Path

A campaign of 34 unrelenting WWIII missions on a huge 25km map, Rugen Island.

You will be able to play 6 different characters.
Carlos Edwards SEAL Team leader
Take on silent recon missions or to neutralize enemy air defenses early in the war. Launch tomahawk cruise missiles from sub out in the sea.
Steve Gross Ranger squad leader
Deploy to the region and seize key installations so regular grunts can come in later. Use the skills of your ranger squad to the maximum, bring down arty on the targets etc.
Gordon McKenzie Army squad leader
Take on the hard work on fighting the enemy on basic infantry combat. Use the artillery to your advantage when softening enemy positions before assaulting them.
Roger Tuchek Mechanized infantry (M2A2s) squad leader
Cause serious damage to the enemy positions with your Bradley arsenal. M2A2s, arty support and the works, its time to do real damMage.
David Ruby M1A1 Abrams platoon commander
Turn the Russian armor into burning wrecks, but be careful as the enemy has top of the line main battle tanks to face you.
Bob Walton AH-64 Apache pilot
Unleash the power of gunship helicopter from the skies, watch out for air to air defenses in the area.

This campaign has compelling storyline on the briefings (we really didn't do cutscenes, yet) and it captures a scary atmosphere of WWIII. Soldier/vehicle status is saved to the next missions, so you better keep your team alive and vehicles in working condition. Also the weapon pool of your base is in use, collect weapons from the battlefield and they can be used on following missions.

Required addons

PMC Rugen -------------------- PMC Tactical
LSR Ranger/Deltas ----------- OFP.info
LSR SEALs -------------------- OFP.info
bas Blackhawks -------------- OFP.info
JAM3 (three!) ----------------- OFP.info and patch CAVS vehicles
CoC Unified Artillery --------- CoC homepage
CoC Tomahawk -------------- CoC homepage
CoC Mines -------------------- CoC homepage
Bn880 Tracers v1.24 --------- BIS forum topic

Finally, the campaign itself. Download v0.2b here - 435kb.
Mirror 1 - ofpc.de
Mirror 2 - OFP.4players.de
Last edited by Snake_Man on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-06 05:16:41

I just updated my previous post in this topic to include the CAVS vehicles link. You all should install that JAM3 patch because it adds the realistic CAVS stuff into the campaign then. I think the M1A1 tank missions should be easier with this, also the Bradley mech inf missions should have different behaviour.

Highly recommended patch, get it done now :)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-11-29 13:11:56

New v0.3b has been released.

changelog

- changed M60 JAM2 to the FS version and checked correct ammo for it.
- helo missions, replaced the stupid dust effect with WGL dust.
- helo/tank missions, added tank destroyed fire/smoke effects.
- changed all AT weapons to JAM3 CAVS versions.
- final cutscene, the pan/move, on mckenzie was tweaked to more nicer angle.
- added savestatus on shallow grave.
- final cutscene after nekromantix text flashes soldier before fading out, fixed.
- added mines and satchel charges for Army, SEAL, mech and Ranger missions.
- used exit.sqs method for saveStatus, works now every time (even endmission cheaters).
- cleaned overview and briefing html's.
- SR-25 dont have ammo on ranger missions, fixed.
- added binoculars for Army, SEAL, mech and Ranger missions.
- added H&K MP5 ammo for Army, SEAL, mech and Ranger missions.

Download here - 435kb.