PMC Tank Hunter campaign released!

OFP campaigns and missions

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Tank Hunter campaign released!

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-18 09:20:37

PMC Tank Hunter

This is large campaign on PMC Rugen island where you are fighting as resistance soldier against the Russians, but at the same time there are US forces fighting the Russians also. In fact, east and west are fighting against each other and you duck in the middle. It features team and weapon save, so what weapons you carry will transfer from one mission to the next, also if you are wounded or you get more soldiers joining you, it will also reflect in the next mission.

Many times you can get the effect of "hours of boredom and seconds of horror" as you go about in your mission. Or you might get in a middle of US vs Russian firefight in some city and just when you think that situation cant get any worse, a Mi24 Hind and T80 arrives to the scene...

You can and NEED to scavenge weapons and vehicles so you are better equipped to fight in this war, when you bring the vehicles into your base, they will also be saved for the next mission. Weather is random and you get beautiful bright sunshine and dark foggy thunderstorms, weather is saved for next mission also, you get day and night missions according to how much you have rested since the last mission.

Cities are the objectives and when one side captures one city it will be marked as red (east) or green (west) on the map, in the next mission its occupied by that sides soldiers. There is not a set number of missions, you can take as long as you want fighting this war, or you can try to do the maximum and accomplish the given tasks sooner.

There is a storyline, but obviously I'm not going to reveal it for you here, please just play the campaign to find out. Also its difficult to describe this campaign in few words, its just better to experience it by yourself. You might not like it, or you will find it to be the cool PMC mission style as seen many times before. One thing we can guarantee, this campaign will not play same twice. Replayability is very very high in PMC Tank Hunter...

Required Addons

The only addons you need are Bn880's tracers and JAM 3. This campaign is designed to run without any further mods that effect configs etc, this includes ffur, slx, ecp whatever comes into mind. Please when you play, only use the two mentioned addons (or atleast do not report any bugs if you choose to ignore this instruction). Also notice that PMC Rugen island itself requires AGS and baracken addons (check its readme for details and download links).

PMC Rugen --------------------- PMC Tactical
JAM3 ----------------------------- OFP.info and patch CAVS vehicles
Bn880 Tracers v1.24 --------- BIS forum topic

PMC Rugen required addons, updated since the readme is old.
Agent Smith Industrial Pack -- ofp.info
Agent Smith Harbor kit -------- ofp.info
Baracken ----------------------- ofp.info

We are looking feedback from anyone playing this campaign, please post here.

The campaign itself, download v0.1 here - 108kb.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-23 01:44:34

First post updated with the new download links for the PMC Rugen required addons. Apparently the island release is so old that the readmes links are dead.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-11-23 09:06:27

DBond posted into our campaigns Frugals forum topic this:
I must say this Tank Hunter campaign seems to be really the kind of thing I'm looking for. I already had the required mods aside from Rugen island, so it was simple to get up and running. First mission went fine, scavenged a bunch of weapons and took them back to base. Second mission I took my little red Fiat and went to see the US CO. No problem.

At this point I'm on my own and decided to head toward Red territory and pop some rounds downrange. Great stuff, with firefights breaking out in running gun battles, helos overhead, vehicles heading this way and that. Gunfire and explosions nearby, then distant, a very convincing battlefield environment.

So I approach a town, it's dark as shit, I switch off my headlights and can see fires burning in the town. I dismount in the outskirts, and can see two or three crashed helos nearby. The fires appear to be burning vehicles, but it's so dark I can't tell. Bodies here and there.

Pop.pop.pop. Tracers fly by me, and I dive behind my Fiat. (BTW, I love your consistent use of the BN tracers, the riccochets are excellent.). I terminate the few Red troops in town then take position in a bush 150 meters outside of town with good overwatch, and wait. My plan is to scavenge weapons and other kit, but until it gets light, or until Blue troops move into town, I'm staying hidden in my bush.

Over the next hour assorted Blue and Red troops and vehicles move through the area, sometimes continuing on their way, sometimes engaging the enemy. Brief skirmishes, flashes from distant explosions,.

I help where able, the tracer colors help tremendously in finding targets in the dark.
It was very nicely done, nice to read such good times with our campaign.

PMC since 1984

Tiket
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Operation Flashpoint (OFP)
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: PMC Tank Hunter campaign released!

Post by Tiket » 2009-12-07 02:11:17

I start playing it,collecting tokorov now in campaign.

Tiket
Recruit

Post by Tiket » 2009-12-22 16:25:48

I have 51 tokorov but nothing happen those collecting tokorov missions did't end.help

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-12-22 17:18:20

Hmm I think it should switch to the next level on one of those "selector" missions. Dunno its been a while since I played it :)

PMC since 1984

Tiket
Recruit

Post by Tiket » 2009-12-29 08:32:59

Now have 100 tokorov.but nothing happen,my pc got hang when i select 2nd stage.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-12-29 13:48:10

I don't know what to say, it was play tested by Elvisdog quite well so it should work properly. I have no OFP installed anymore so I don't know how could I test it myself.

PMC since 1984